Speck candyshell "pencil effect"

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So I'm just wondering whoever has a speck candy shell does the rubber on it kinda flake?

I accidentally bought a speck candy shell from a unauthorized reseller on amazon and this one flakes...but i wonder if anyone got one recently if it flakes..if not i may order a new one cause other than the flaking its absolutely perfect

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have 2 and 1 has flaked and other not. The one that flaked I bought from Apple so it's a real Speck.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 candy shells - one of them my daughter has been using for the past month & there's no flaking happening with it.

If there's a possibility that's your sure it's an authentic Speck you could call speck directly - they warranty their cases for 1 year. If you have any doubts that it's a fake, I wouldn't call then.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Candyshell for almost a year and it's fine. But like someone else suggested, call Speck. Their customer service is awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok now both of mine flaked on the rubber. Starting to get bad on my Canyshell Flip. Bummed

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
in total, i have 9 cs's and 1 grip with the rubber edging. I've had them anywhere from 2mths to just a couple of weeks. I purchased them either from Speck, Apple or an AT&T store. Only one of them i got from Amazon (white/purple), and thats the only one that had the 'eraser effect' but very very minor. All of my others are in perfect condition. Up until last week i was using them changing out colors on a daily basis with no issues.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
in total, i have 9 cs's and 1 grip with the rubber edging. I've had them anywhere from 2mths to just a couple of weeks. I purchased them either from Speck, Apple or an AT&T store. Only one of them i got from Amazon (white/purple), and thats the only one that had the 'eraser effect' but very very minor. All of my others are in perfect condition. Up until last week i was using them changing out colors on a daily basis with no issues.

but you have sooooooo many cases they are not getting used constantly :p;):D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods