Candyshell Satin

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I received my Candyshell Satin yesterday and am very pleased with it. The satin type finish on it gives it a nice feel, not slippery, but comes out of your pocket easily. Also, no scratches. The main bonus for me is that it docks perfectly in my iHome radio on my nightstand. I give it five stars so far :)

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I loved my CandyShell Satin too. Until ..... they came out with the "Grip" case. I received it the other day and I think it is the best case for my needs. Getting ready to order another "Grip" in red. I am sure I will still use the Satin case from time to time. I like to switch out cases. Enjoy your new case. Speck is the best.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i have a speck cs satin, white/pomodoro, that i use with my red running suit. Well, from putting my phone in my front pant pocket, the red from the pants wore off onto the satin cs and now the back of the case is turning a pinkish color:rolleyes:
SO be sure when you use this case, its not against fabric where the color can rub off and get on the case. As of now, i'm still not able to get the red-pinkish off of it. i'm going to try a couple more things to see if i can get it white again.

overall, i do love the case tho:)

(edit: after speaking with speck, turns out the case was defective)

Last edited:

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i have a speck cs satin, white/pomodoro, that i use with my red running suit. Well, from putting my phone in my front pant pocket, the red from the pants wore off onto the satin cs and now the back of the case is turning a pinkish color:rolleyes:
SO be sure when you use this case, its not against fabric where the color can rub off and get on the case. As of now, i'm still not able to get the red-pinkish off of it. i'm going to try a couple more things to see if i can get it white again.

I'm glad I got the dark and light grey CS Satin then. Hope you find a way to clean it up.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Pink, I've had great results getting ink off of things using hairspray. It bonds to and lifts out the ink. Definitely test a small spot before going all in. Good luck!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I got the dark and light grey CS Satin then. Hope you find a way to clean it up.

Thx, I hope so too !!

Pink, I've had great results getting ink off of things using hairspray. It bonds to and lifts out the ink. Definitely test a small spot before going all in. Good luck!

:)Thx for the suggestion--I do know that trick too, a couple of weeks ago I got marker on one of my hoodie pockets and hairsprayed it out. Why I didn't think of it for this is beyond me lol. My first try is going to be using one of the polywater wipes I used to clean up my white OB silicone outer a couple wks back and see if that does the trick first:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
SOOOOO....idk if any of you were wondering what ever happened with the dis-coloring of my cs satin white/pomodoro case. heres the deal: I tried the hairspray trick Brinda suggested, no good. I also did the magic eraser thing Kehjj04 suggested. no good again, but thank you both for you suggestions:) I also tried a few other things to try and clean off the color, no good.

I called Speck and explained the problem to them - the Rep told me that this issue has NEVER happened with any of their cs satin cases. He then proceeded to ask me what supplier on Amazon i got them from--so i told him. the Rep told me it was most likely a fake because the only people they distribute to for resale are Amazon LLC themselves, and he gave me the advice that next time i purchase a Speck from Amazon, to make sure the seller is Amazon LLC & no other supplier. So for my troubles he gave me a 20% coupon to use on Speck's site to replace my case(or whatever one i want), and said to get in touch with the supplier to hopefully have a return/refund processed.

So i emailed the seller, and long story short, i had to email them pix of the 'bleeding color" through the case and they issued me an RMA# -- when they rec the case back they are giving me a full refund. So at least i'm not out my money AND i can get another one from Speck with a 20% discount:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow what a pain in the butt. I was thinking about getting the black version.

:)no, not really. Speck is giving me a 20% discount for my troubles AND i'm returning the case to the seller for a full refund on Amazon.

If your thinking about getting the black version, either get it directly from the Speck website or if you use Amazon, make sure the seller on the item is "Amazon LLC"

hey, these things can happen, and considering all of the cases i have--this is the only issue i've had with any of them

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know they sold fake stuff on amazon. I always assumed it was all legit. Good to know.

You have to realize that Amazon is just basically ebay without the auction. While the vast majority of products are Amazon's... a large portion of stuff (especially cheaply procured stuff from overseas) are being sold by third parties. Amazon is just the middle-man - no verification of whether the products are legit or not.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
UGH, well it sounds like it's working out alright! But this is why I do not buy from Amazon or Ebay. Like ever. I will pay more to not deal with the potential drama that comes from it.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
UGH, well it sounds like it's working out alright! But this is why I do not buy from Amazon or Ebay. Like ever. I will pay more to not deal with the potential drama that comes from it.

I have no problem with Amazon. That said, when you look at the product detail page you can see who the actual seller is by the Add to Cart button; if it says anything other than Amazon I generally stay away unless it is one of a few third-party sellers that I have had good luck with.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I can say from now on, for my Speck cases, i will order directly from Speck online, not from Amazon anymore.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with Amazon. That said, when you look at the product detail page you can see who the actual seller is by the Add to Cart button; if it says anything other than Amazon I generally stay away unless it is one of a few third-party sellers that I have had good luck with.

I do the same -- in fact this is the very frist time in (many)years of using Amazon that ive ever had a problem, and it was the first time i've used this seller for the Speck satin case. I had already ordered this case prior to seeing the little warning that Speck's website put up about their 'fake' cases.

thankfully, i was able to return the case to this particular seller with the issue it had, and they will be issuing a refund to me as well.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently ordered a Satin for my wife and when I received it from Amazon it was the regular candyshell. Turns out on their site when you select the blk/gry satin and then change the color to the white/red it switches it to the regular candyshell. I contacted amazon and they gave me a prepaid return label and are giving me a full refund with no shipping charges. I ordered the Satin from Apple Computer & Accessories from MacMall, The #1 Mac Warehouse for $29.99 with free ups ground shipping.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I recently ordered a Satin for my wife and when I received it from Amazon it was the regular candyshell. Turns out on their site when you select the blk/gry satin and then change the color to the white/red it switches it to the regular candyshell. I contacted amazon and they gave me a prepaid return label and are giving me a full refund with no shipping charges. I ordered the Satin from Apple Computer & Accessories from MacMall, The #1 Mac Warehouse for $29.99 with free ups ground shipping.

You should be able to get it for less than that directly from the Speck website using their current coupon code.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner