Best iPad 2 cases/covers for toddlers

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Please no bashing I have had enough about it already.
My husband ordered iPads for our little girls last week and I am seraching for the best case or cover to fully protect it
They are 3 and 4 years old so I want something to protect against possible drops and spills.
I have seen a few that have all ports covered to protect from dust and spills but want to get the best one
Thanks

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My 3yo daughter has a iPod Tough 4th gen with a Otterbox Defender on it and I don't have any worries. She's had the iPod and the case one it since August and its still in mint condition. Now the Defender series on the iPad are a little pricey but they are a heck of a lot cheaper then a replacing the iPad. ;)

Otterbox Defender

Last edited:

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My 3yo daughter has a iPod Tough 4th gen with a Otterbox Defender on it and I don't have any worries. She's had the iPod and the case one it since August and its still in mint condition.

My 6 year old has an otterbox on his ipod touch also but i seen a lot of video reviews that show that it sucks for ipad2 for kids at least.
We havent had any problems with it on my sons ipod tho

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My 6 year old has an otterbox on his ipod touch also but i seen a lot of video reviews that show that it sucks for ipad2 for kids at least.
We havent had any problems with it on my sons ipod tho

Hmm interesting. What kind of issues are the kids having? My daughter doesn't have any issues using my father-in-laws iPad2 that has a defender on it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you go with the Defender, make sure to get a good screen protector since it doesn't cover the screen at all. (I really don't like the Defender for iPad even though I love the iPhone version.

(BTW, I've moved this thread to the iPad accessories forum.)

Reactions: Osbornll86

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
If you go with the Defender, make sure to get a good screen protector since it doesn't cover the screen at all. (I really don't like the Defender for iPad even though I love the iPhone version. )

If you buy the Defender through Otterbox.com then it comes with a screen protector. I honestly haven't searched for "kid tough/kid friendly" cases.

I'll have to do some digging as I'm bored lol

Reactions: Osbornll86

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm interesting. What kind of issues are the kids having? My daughter doesn't have any issues using my father-in-laws iPad2 that has a defender on it.

We dont have the defender case for ipad 2 just for ipod touch.
I was just watching videos on it and everyone says its not a good case for kids, i guess because it doesnt have a screen protector on it and all ports are open

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My five year old has a iPod touch and has no issues ... A cool kids case for iPad is the iguy makes it easy to hold and although it don't protect the screen the foam if dropped touch first so the iPad never does .. I was glad I bought it along with the zagg screen protector

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Please no bashing I have had enough about it already.
My husband ordered iPads for our little girls last week and I am seraching for the best case or cover to fully protect it
They are 3 and 4 years old so I want something to protect against possible drops and spills.
I have seen a few that have all ports covered to protect from dust and spills but want to get the best one
Thanks

Your husband is awesome btw :)

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My five year old has a iPod touch and has no issues ... A cool kids case for iPad is the iguy makes it easy to hold and although it don't protect the screen the foam if dropped touch first so the iPad never does .. I was glad I bought it along with the zagg screen protector

Only thing I dont like about the iguy is that the handles are on the sides so when in portrait mode.. its kind of hard to hold. I would imagine... also want something that covers the screen also

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
When my 2 year old daughter commandeered my iPad and declared it hers, I got this case from Monoprice
Kidz Cover and Stand for iPad? mini - Pink
It's only $15, it's nice and thick and foamy. It holds up well. It comes in black, blue, and pink. And it has a handle.
It also stands up on end when you flip the handle over and basically turns in to a TV.
When she get stickers, I just tell her to stick them to the back (she knows not to stick them to the screen)

I loaded DirecTV Nomad Genie Go on the iPad and suck Disney JR shows on to it. She'll either play something fun, educational, or occasionally watch an animated show.

Also, there have been a couple of direct spills. It's not waterproof but design of the case does prevent water from getting in to the important parts. Just paper towel dried it and when I was home I pulled it out of the case, washed it, wiped down the ipad, and put it back in.

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
If I was a kid I would want this, I might even buy it just to have it.
Speck iGuy Case for Apple iPad mini SPK-A1517 - Best Buy
ea20febd41d853b1062e59fc3db546d8.jpg

Here's a video also you link for best kids ipad cases.

Best ipad cases for kids review 2013 | Best ipad cases for kids 2013 - YouTube

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73