Lifeproof cases are of poor quality...

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Lifeproof cases for some time now, loved it on my 4S and have had one since its release in Nov - I have no issues to report whatsoever - I love this case !

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lifeproof case for my iPhone 5. I purchased it online at Lifeproof website. I've heard to many bad reviews about Best Buy stock. I've had it for a month and I've had no issues. Works as described. Worked perfectly right out of the box. No complaints.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I try to be fair and give credit when it's due. I had one of the first LP cases for my IP4 and had them replace it three times in the first three months. Experienced all the typical problems and negatives that everyone had with that case. Other than having some difficulty in contacting them due to high volume on their end, the customer service was top notch. In the end, I returned the case and all accessories for a full refund since all the compromises weren't worth the high price tag to me even though I had got it at the preorder special price.

Just got my IP5 and as a gift got the LP Fre case. Was a little worried about the same issues, but I must say LP has come a long way. Granted it isn't perfect but most of what I've read as issues isn't all that bad and the quality has improved greatly. I am very happy with my LP Fre and am just waiting for the belt clip holster to come out.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Lifeproof needs to make a version that isn't waterproof to compete against the Otterbox Defender. Most people don't need it to be waterproof and then you wouldn't have the drawbacks that go along with it.

Follow me on the Twitter! @_jorts

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think that is a brilliant idea!

Lifeproof needs to make a version that isn't waterproof to compete against the Otterbox Defender. Most people don't need it to be waterproof and then you wouldn't have the drawbacks that go along with it.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

That's actually a pretty good idea. I don't need my phone to be waterproof, but it's pretty cool that it is. It's nice that when I am around water I don't have to worry about my phone. And the case is still thinner then the defender. Also Otterbox is coming out with the Armour next month that will be waterproof for $100.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What separates lifeproof from anyone else is that it's waterproof in a sleek non bulky design. IMO there are plenty of sleek non bulky cases that aren't waterproof. I think they found their niche.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What separates lifeproof from anyone else is that it's waterproof in a sleek non bulky design. IMO there are plenty of sleek non bulky cases that aren't waterproof. I think they found their niche.

I completely agree. It gives great coverage and is just as slim as the incipio case I had before it.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Which portion of the case would you want not to be waterproof to compete ?
The only one I can think of is the 3rd mic near the camera, but even the they can try to make the sound go through like the speaker portion.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 3rd lifeproof case in the mail and I am pleased to announce that all previous problems with the case have been fixed! First case I had, had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom of the iPhone, had the high pitched noise come out of the earpiece, and couldn't end a call. I got my 2nd case, still had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom, but not as bad as the first generation. It fixed the high pitched noise and the ability to end a call. The only reason I sent it back was because they sent me the wrong color. Very good customer service. Got my 3rd case in the mail today, and I am pleased to announce this 3rd gen case is much, much better! No "pillowing", no high pitched noise from the earpiece, and can end a call! Slim, sleek, waterproof, dust proof, etc and can fit easily in the pocket. Sound is much better too! Overall a 10/10 for sure!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
To confirm is this an iPhone 5, and is the serial number of the case in the 300k range?

Thanks in advance.

I just received my 3rd lifeproof case in the mail and I am pleased to announce that all previous problems with the case have been fixed! First case I had, had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom of the iPhone, had the high pitched noise come out of the earpiece, and couldn't end a call. I got my 2nd case, still had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom, but not as bad as the first generation. It fixed the high pitched noise and the ability to end a call. The only reason I sent it back was because they sent me the wrong color. Very good customer service. Got my 3rd case in the mail today, and I am pleased to announce this 3rd gen case is much, much better! No "pillowing", no high pitched noise from the earpiece, and can end a call! Slim, sleek, waterproof, dust proof, etc and can fit easily in the pocket. Sound is much better too! Overall a 10/10 for sure!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I got my replacement for my 5 a couple days ago too and it's in the 400k #. Everything is great with it. It makes me like lifeproof so much again I might buy a new color on next month. Kind of digging the tan one they announced. Sounds like they are defiantly getting their act together.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree with the comment that Lifeproof should consider looking into making a non-waterproof/cheaper version of their case. This might help them get a slightly better reputation and also a chance to earn some extra revenue from a market they haven't tapped into, yet.

Due to the quirks as a result of having a waterproof case, I can see why some customers are not happy with their Lifeproof. It isn't perfect and I must admit that it is pricey. However, now, that there are several serious options (ie. Seidio OBEX, Incipio Atlas, & Otterbox Armor), prices may come down. Just by looking at the design and the preorder price, I would think the Incipio Atlas to be the best case out there at a lower price (Mobile City Online has preorder at $49.99). Considering Otterbox's reputation of not lasting very long for their other cases, I'm not too confident in spending the money to look at that case plus it looks really bulky as does the Seidio OBEX. However, the Seidio OBEX is probably made very well, but from the sounds of the Galaxy S3 OBEX, sounds like there are way too many parts. For the most part, I'm still happy with my Lifeproof and it does have its niche. As someone else mentioned, their philosophy is to provide a protective case in as thin and light as possible which I think they still achieve even amongst the competition.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I returned my LifeProof case today to BestBuy. I'll stick with my Otterbox Defender and holster for now.

I just did the same exact thing. I'll check out the OB Armour when it comes out and the new lifeproofs next month. Until then OB is where I will stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 of these and have never had any issues with either. There is a bit of a design change in the newer one but both work great.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, well visit the FB page and you will see a lot of people having build issues. Again, I would be cautious.

That's because people go there to complain and are a minority just like those who come on forums with issues. People don't post when they don't have problems which makes everything seem worse.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just did the same exact thing. I'll check out the OB Armour when it comes out and the new lifeproofs next month. Until then OB is where I will stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't like the bulkiness of otterbox. I am going to look and may try the incipio atlas water proof case they showed off at ces

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe people even compare OB with LP, LP gives you complete protection....like nothing touches your iPhone.
Compared to any OB which lets dust and tiny bits of whatever in, I was pulling my OB of almost daily to clean the crap out. LifeProof have been doing what they do for over a year now and other company's are just coming out with waterproof cases so really who would you trust?

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox