4s back covers - where?

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the market for replacing the back cover of my phone as I want to get rid of the glass back. What are some sites that offer the back cover (actual piece you need not a skin or 'stick on')?

I found some at cnn, but would like to browse around before I make a decision. Found a black leather back that interested me, but would also like to see a brushed metal as well.

Anyone recommend some sites that offer them... preferably in the US for faster shipping?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the glass backs (pink) from United and I get the same flash fuzziness but it's not that big a deal since I rarely use the flash. I got my husband a black one and the flash photos are fine, which is perfect because his original back piece broke from a drop. :(

Pink from United
44e5099d-1b59-6ddc.jpg

Black from United
44e5099d-1b9e-7223.jpg

Last edited:

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of the glass backs (pink) from United and I get the same flash fuzziness but it's not that big a deal since I rarely use the flash. I got my husband a black one and the flash photos are fine, which is perfect because his original back piece broke from a drop. :(

Pink from United
Click to view quoted image

Black from United

Link to the united website? I cant seem to find anything on google searching for 'united' covers... I'm assuming that the name of the company?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Pink from United

Black from United

Total "D'Oh!" moment.

I was really bummed about not getting perfect photos with the pink back so I was wondering if I could just replace the flash diffuser or possibly adjust the camera lens. So, I was ready to take a closer look at the pink back and wiped the entire back with a cloth and noticed that in doing so, I made horizontal (gasp!) scratches on the camera lens. What? With a cloth? So I scraped the lens area with my fingernail and what do you know, there was a super thin piece of protective plastic on the lens cover - imperceptible until scratched by the cleaning cloth! My husband's black cover from United didn't have the additional plastic cover, so I didn't think to look for one on mine! (Although my pink back also had an extra plastic protective piece on the inside of the cover and the black did not.)

So I am happy to inform you that the pink back cover from United allows perfect photos, just like my original black back cover. :)

Whew! ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2