What do you guys think of Beats by dre?

what do you think about the beats by dre headphones?

• I like em

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I hate em

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Huh? What are those?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Type answer as a post)

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What's your opinion on them? I got them for Christmas and I love the beats.

What do you guys think about them?

What kind of beats do you have?

spyPhone_im

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the solo HDs. They're so much better than the apple earbuds. The sound quality is really amazing on them but I don't think they're worth the price. In my opinion, other companies like Sennheiser make make better quality products. Beats is definitely a fashion statement and extremely flashy.

Reactions: iamldash

iamldash

Sep 9, 2009
www.twitter.com
I think they're dope to roam the city with but the sound quality isn't good. They look better than just about all headphones with sonic value to them but I still rock my sennheisers. I wouldn't sacrifice quality for looks personally

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love a pink pair of beats but at that price couldn't do it, but I did get a flashy pair of pink UrbanEars from the apple store. Does exactly what I want, comfortable to wear, sounds good but at about 25% the cost.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I think they're an overpriced fashion statement. I see people all over the city (NYC) with them on, some I've even noticed were fake... ha! My friend offered me a pair that he had (as he upgraded to a new model) and I declined.

Like someone stated before, a lot of other companies make better headsets, but just like the iPhone (for some), Beats are a fashion statement.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
And when testing in store, the Bose were better. If you go to a lot of stores, and the employees who know what they're talking about, they'll tell you the same.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Im with Duvi...they are over priced "show off" headphones, and are easily out performed by less expensive models from other companies.

"show off" headphone?:rolleyes:

I like mine. Between my Bose QC3 and these Beats Studios, I like the Beats better. I think I get more rich sound. I dont wear them to show off :confused: I use them because I prefer the sound.

thizzzy

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
i have the studios , love them but the only main problem i have is the sound lackage but i dont listen to them at a high level ...

great headphone , kinda debating to buy th pros

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What are some good ones that don't wreck easy? I have noticed of I get my apple ones caught on something at the gym or work they will get stretched at the bud and stop working. Not even that hard of the pull so I was looking at getting a new pair that were more durable.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i like them. they sound find. My father's a massive expensive gear buying audiophile. Me i don't care about that stuff. They look good. Not to mention. I'm hip-hop and i got no problem giving money to people in the hip-hop community over some random company i don't know. I couldn't care less if they are they are flashy. I'm flashy. I like flashy. It's a fashion trend. Nothing but a brand. They aren't meant for audiophiles to sit around listening to classical music in a padded room. I'm american and Beats is a company in America so considering how bad our economy is i'm all for supporting a business based in america. Granted i'm sure everything may be assembled overseas. I used to live in the Bay Area. Monster was a bay area company so i'm happy to keep it in the family even though lots of their junk is expensive. Lastly and most importantly, i'm black, Dre is Black and i'm 100% happy to support my own culture and a perfectly good black business. An African American, doing a business venture sets a great example for younger African Americans, entrepreneurs and the community in general. If i wanted headphones i'd buy a pair.

All that being said. They are definitely overpriced and I'm not spending that much money on headphones cause i'll break them in days and i don't prefer big can headphones. I was given Bose earbuds once and they got lost. So i don't pay for expensive headphone that are gonna get lost or broken. I use $8.99 skullcandy inkd earbuds and when they short out in a year i'll buy another pair.

Last edited:

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think they're way overpriced for what you get. I feel that they only sound as good as you think they will. If you are skeptical when you buy them, they will probably sound like crap to you. If you are looking forward to buying a pair then they will probably sound awesome to those people. They are definitely more of a fashion statement than anything else. Every rapper is coming out with their own line of headphones lately. Most of the people I see wearing these have no idea what good sound quality is. Bose is way better

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Overpriced. They are good but not worth it. It's like monster cables. Good but a rip off. You can get equal or better for less money

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
When we started selling them they had a 99 month manufacturers warranty. They they all started breaking. We couldn't get replacements in from other stores because their stock counts were broken ones. All of a sudden Beats sends out a memo that the warranty is now 12 months. Yeah, I bet it is. We had a pair snap in the store fresh out of the box.

I would go Sennheisser any day over them.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR