Just about done with cases

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been hashed out way too many times already; but I wanted to share my experiences. I have a slight case addiction as it appears many others do as well. I've always loved otterbox products and almost swear by them. Almost...

The thing about the defender that kills me is dust between the protective membrane and my 4s screen. I hate it, too OCD I guess. I tried a reflex and really liked it. However, the reflex scratched my antenna.

My solution is SGP front and rear protectors and sometimes a bumper. Mostly naked, or at least no case most of the time. I still keep a defender with the membrane removed around for occasional use. That's it, done.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The LifeProof case is amazing in every way...except if you listen to music on your device. I HATE having to unscrew the cap and then screw in the dongle. I listen to audio books in my car and having to do this 2-4 times a day is a nightmare, but I love the case sooooo much!

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Lol @ Alli

The Lifeproof is very interesting. There is just something about it that turns me away. I've had one in my hand twice at my local Best Buy. Always leave without it though.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There are many different cases out there as you know. Not everyone loves every case. For every one who dislikes lifeproof there are many who love it. I am one of those people who love it. Sleek and protects my phone from the elements. Go to best buy and try it. If you don't like it then return.

Last edited:

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at the OtterBox commuter? Silicone layer on the inside with a plastic shell. I love mine :D

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously all about lifeproof cases, I have a white gen 2 case and it's awesome. Swimming with LifeProof - YouTube here's a little reason why. plus i work with earth-moving machines and i was constantly cleaning dust out of my otterbox but i havent had to take this case of once since i got my new iphone 4s. its so worth the money for the peace of mind.

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who like the life proof case what about some of the complaints people have about the gap between the protective screen and the touch screen on the iphone, and does the iphone heat up while charging being its total inclosed with no breathing room. Has anyone had any issues from this, I have been thinking about that myself. Right now i am using the Mophie juice pack plus but i really don't need the extra power, I easily get through my day on just the power from my iphone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
For those of you who like the life proof case what about some of the complaints people have about the gap between the protective screen and the touch screen on the iphone, and does the iphone heat up while charging being its total inclosed with no breathing room. Has anyone had any issues from this, I have been thinking about that myself. Right now i am using the Mophie juice pack plus but i really don't need the extra power, I easily get through my day on just the power from my iphone.

In my review (link back in post 2 of this thread), I commented on the gap between the screen and screen. It's minimal, and on my iPhone I only notice it in the upper left-hand quadrant.

I charge overnight every night and there's no heat in the morning.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you looked at the OtterBox commuter? Silicone layer on the inside with a plastic shell. I love mine :D

Right now, I have both an Otterbox defender and an Otterbox Commuter 4S. I used an Otterbox defender for the 4 and it did get dusty between the membrane. I have been using an Otterbox commuter for the 4S and can verify its great. I like how it retains the sleek form factor of the 4S (not bulky like the Defender) and it still feels protected.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I went and bought the Otterbox commuter from best buy yesterday. I really like it. I decided to put the Mophie juice pack plus up for sale on ebay since i don't need it. I have plenty of battery in my iPhone to last all day long for me.

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I have both an Otterbox defender and an Otterbox Commuter 4S. I used an Otterbox defender for the 4 and it did get dusty between the membrane. I have been using an Otterbox commuter for the 4S and can verify its great. I like how it retains the sleek form factor of the 4S (not bulky like the Defender) and it still feels protected.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Yeah, it doesn't look like the new defenders seal up as well as the old ones did. The commuter is a good compromise between protected and accessible IMHO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2