Stylus for iPad 2 note-taking

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

anon(17713)

Banned
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Bamboo stylus and have been playing around with it. WOW! It's totally worth the money - so incredibly useful for note-taking and annotating, not to mention drawing and just plain doodling. :D
Now that you've found a stylus you like, what note taking apps are you using?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Now that you've found a stylus you like, what note taking apps are you using?

I'm using a few apps with it, all with great success. In my grad classes, I use Noteshelf to take notes - highly recommend it. I also use GoodReader for my annotations/document notations, and it works flawlessly with the Bamboo. The same goes for DocuSign for getting signatures on important documents - no complaints at all. On the teaching side, I have Educreations dry erase board app, and the Bamboo works great with it. Skitch is another great app that functions well with the Bamboo. I tried Jot Whiteboard (Free) but wasn't impressed with the app-stylus interaction. If I think of any more, I'll let you know.

DKLongview

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Kristy Lyn, rather than look back at Kickstarter for the Jot, try my full review. I've been using it for a while now: http://justanothergeeksite.com/2011/12/capacitive-stylus-review-jot/

I have to agree that the Jot is great for digital handwriting. However, the noise of the tip hitting the screen drives me nuts... With that said, it's tough to beat the Adonit when it comes to precision.

I actually had a chance to test the Logiix Diamond today, and it gives me the precision I need without the noise.. However, the tip is rather rigid, so digital handwriting is pretty much all that it's good for. Also, it lacks some of the design excellence of the Adonit.

I'd be interested in testing more stylus pens with disc tips if you know of any.

kelvinkindchow

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don?t find there is any big different between those stylus pens. What bothers me the most, is the palm contacting issue. Even though many apps have developed a palm rejection, it often got override by the multi-touch gesture in IOS 5. Every time I rest my hand on the screen it starts to do something crazy. I just have to left up my hand the entire time.

I ended up buying a physical handpad to solve that. You guys may wanna check it out. It's quite affordable, and come with a pen.

If you are interested, you can google "stylus handpad" and you wil find it. It's worth a look.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711