Initial Opinion of the Speck Pixelskin HD

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I received the aforementioned case that I ordered direct from Speck yesterday. It is the new 4s version.
Overall it seems to be a nice case. The only negative I see is that the strip on the bottom front just below the home button is way too soft and flimsy. No protection there at all. It moves too easy, way too pliable.
As a result I don't think I'll be using the case much.
I have an Incipio NGP case being delivered tomorrow that I hope affords better edge protection.
If it doesn't , I'll go back to either my Candyshell or my Otterbox Commuter.

Len

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Pixelskin HD which is slippery and very difficult to remove, IMO. But pretty! And the Pixelskin regular, which is rubbery and sticky, (which I like). I still like the 3GS version better, where the home button is covered up, and they fit the 4S well enough to use on it, since I need a case to match everything...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Pixelskin HD which is slippery and very difficult to remove, IMO. But pretty! And the Pixelskin regular, which is rubbery and sticky, (which I like). I still like the 3GS version better, where the home button is covered up, and they fit the 4S well enough to use on it, since I need a case to match everything...

I think you must have the older PixelSkin HD case for the iPhone 4 that came out last year. I just got the new Black one for the 4S and it is very easy to get off now compared to the one I had for my iPhone 4. The sides are made of a softer material now which makes the case easier to flex and remove.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got this case for the iPhone 4S this week and I really like it compared to last years model. This case is much lighter than the iPhone 4 case from last year. As far as the bottom piece near the home button, I agree with you that is is easily moved. However, I don't go touching that part of the iPhone anyway, therefore it doesn't bother me at all. This is another solid case from Speck, and like the one that I had last year, I do think the iPhone would be protected if you accidentally drop it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner