• Speck Pixelskin HD

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Incipio NGP

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No contest here. I've owned them all, and the Otterbox is so much better than the others in every way.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried the OtterBox commuter case on my 4S and was very disappointed with its quality. The last good commuter case that I had was for my 3GS, even the one that I had for my iPhone 4 wasn't that good. Both the 4 and the 4S commuter case have sharp edges and it is not that comfortable to hold on long conversations. Plus, if you are like me and have to carry your phone in your pocket all the time, the commuter case is a real lint catcher and doesn't look as nice over time.... I just purchased the Speck PixelSkin HD case for the 4S, which IMHO is better. I had one my iPhone 4 and dropped it 3 times and there wasn't even a scratch on the phone. It retains the thin size of the iPhone 4S without compromising its protection. The case is very light. The redesigned case now has softer sides so it is very comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a case and I'm in between the commuter and the candyshell. I still can't decide but I'm leaning towards the commuter.

UPDATE: Now I think I'm leaning more towards the candyshell

Last edited:

zurch

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Otterbox defender glacier/white for my 4s and I'm very happy with it. It gave my phone very much protection and I'm not worried about dropping it now. I recommend it highly.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I once had an OtterBox for a BB and it nearly ruined it, so now I don't like them. I'm sure they work great for some people. I'm just not a fan.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the otterbox defender and loving every second of it. Wish it was lighter, but honestly, makes my phone feel like a phone and not a pocket calculator which is a good deal

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I once had an OtterBox for a BB and it nearly ruined it, so now I don't like them. I'm sure they work great for some people. I'm just not a fan.

Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. :( What happened with the case that almost ruined you phone?

Definitely interested in hearing what happened as well...I've had nothing but OtterBox on all of my BlackBerry devices, and it's kept them pristine.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Love the Speck Candyshell. Protects without bulk. Looking into the new Candyshell Flip which let's you dock your iPhone without removing it from the case.

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
And the winner is.............

I actually purchased all 4 of the cases. Here is my opinion on each:

Number 1 overall - Otterbox Commuter.
I have used Commuters in the past on my iPad and my Android smartphone. It appears that the fit and finish on the new Commuter for the 4s is poorly designed from a fit and finish standpoint. Things just don't line up very well. Exposed edges. But it's a case and it protects the iPhone the best of the 4.

Best of the rest - Incipio NGP. It feels solid, well designed, not flimsy. Edges are firm and solid. Not tacky, slips into and out of pocket easily, overall very well done. It's the one on my phone now.

Third place - Speck Candyshell. It's a nice case, but too glossy, scratches too easy. Feels bulky. And the rubber edge is starting to flake off. It seems to have good phone protection but little else.

Last place - Speck Pixelskin HD. Very poor. Very flimsy, especially the charging end of the phone. The case is too thin, therefore the edge right below the home button moves easily, affording very little protection in that area.

I'll keep the NGP on and rotate that with the Commuter. The other 2 I may use once in awhile but not often.

Keep in mind, these are my opinions. YMMV

Len

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
You guys must be quite clumsy with your phones. Not a fan of the otter box. Too bulky (tank like look) for a luxury sleek phone. I don't plan of rock climbing or swimming with my iPhone. Out of the 4 iPhones I've owned and one android, I've probably dropped my phones twice and that was on carpet floors. Hell my gf dropped her old i4 twice on the hospital floor she works at with a simple hard silicon case on and it was just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711