iPhone 4s case suggestions

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a thin but durable case, preferably as inexpensive as possible. Suggestions?

Personally I think durable and inexpensive are contradictory, when considering the phone your protecting cost over $500. I don't know anyhting about the case you linked, but I use the lifeproof for day to day usage and it is less intrusive (much easier to pull out of one's pocket) than my wife's Otterbox Defender.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think durable and inexpensive are contradictory, when considering the phone your protecting cost over $500. I don't know anyhting about the case you linked, but I use the lifeproof for day to day usage and it is less intrusive (much easier to pull out of one's pocket) than my wife's Otterbox Defender.

Just looked up lifeproof, it looks pretty bulky. I don't care about scratches to be honest, I just don't want buttons breaking or the screen cracking. If I found the perfect case, I'd shell out a little extra for it.

OHCop

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have that nude switch easy case and I like it. I have several cases that I rotate between, but I do enjoy that case a lot. It is super thin and looks very nice on the phone. I purchased several of the Elago slim cases on amazon and use those the majority of the time. They come in some nice colors and offer the same fit and feel of the switch easy case. Elago's are only a out $10 on amazon.

javierE186

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I have to agree with hahn here, you just wasted a lot of money on a great smartphone, so you should give it the best protection. You never want you phone to get messed up just because you wanted a inexpensive yet durable (I also agree it is contradictory unless you find it cheap on a website) case. You most protect what you wasted so much money on with the best of the best, and I'll have to go with lifeproof. It is not as bulky has the Otterbox Defender but it is 10 times the protection.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with hahn here, you just wasted a lot of money on a great smartphone, so you should give it the best protection. You never want you phone to get messed up just because you wanted a inexpensive yet durable (I also agree it is contradictory unless you find it cheap on a website) case. You most protect what you wasted so much money on with the best of the best, and I'll have to go with lifeproof. It is not as bulky has the Otterbox Defender but it is 10 times the protection.

ha, I'd like to spend <$30, is that too much to ask for?

txbosox

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Magpul Field Case on my 4, it's compatible with the 4S I believe (the ringer switch fits both AT&T/VZW 4's, so it should fit the 4S). It'll protect against scratches and such, but offers minimal protection against dropping. The front screen seems protected enough, it's recessed a little. It slips in and out of my pocket well, without snagging, and has a nice textured grip. It's also pretty thin. They make another one, the Executive Field Case, that's a little sleeker. Both are $10 (+shipping).

Inexpensive and surprisingly durable. Magpul makes great firearm accessories, so it's pretty tough stuff. Just don't take it out of the case too much, the edge around the volume buttons will stretch when you put it on/take it out. I take mine out to use with studio style headphones, the jack opening isn't large enough.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Magpul Field Case on my 4, it's compatible with the 4S I believe (the ringer switch fits both AT&T/VZW 4's, so it should fit the 4S). It'll protect against scratches and such, but offers minimal protection against dropping. The front screen seems protected enough, it's recessed a little. It slips in and out of my pocket well, without snagging, and has a nice textured grip. It's also pretty thin. They make another one, the Executive Field Case, that's a little sleeker. Both are $10 (+shipping).

Inexpensive and surprisingly durable. Magpul makes great firearm accessories, so it's pretty tough stuff. Just don't take it out of the case too much, the edge around the volume buttons will stretch when you put it on/take it out. I take mine out to use with studio style headphones, the jack opening isn't large enough.

A second vote for the Magpul Case. I have three of them. At $10 a piece, it's cheap enough to have different color options without breaking the bank. As for durable, Magpul is an excellent company that makes high quality parts for rifles. Their high build quality is present in their iPhone cases as well. The fit is excellent, the textures are perfect, and they're very slim. I'd pay three times what I paid to get one, but since they're nice and cheap, I just went with three cases. Highly recommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen