Simple top pouch belt case??

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How come i cant seem to find a decent looking top pouch case? I like the look of the Nutshell .. but $50 is too steep. Most cases are cheap and junky looking... or odd colors.. or holsters with the clip in kind (which i dont trust)

I cant believe apple doesnt make a simple top case with an apple logo?

I have one like this for my BB
blackberry20pouch.gif

Help!

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I loved my case for my BlackBerry when I had it. I have even gone so far as to see if my iPhone 4 will fit in one of the BB cases. Of course I would figure out a way to cover up the BB logo. I need one that my iP4 plus my bumper will fit in.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Sure you want to use a case like that, because if you drop that iPhone 4S and you don't have Apple Care +, you are SOL. I met a young lady who has a 4S and didn't bother with Applecare or Any insurance. She has it in the Otterbox Commuter case, but one slip to the front and that screen is broken.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
yes i want a case like this.

i like how the phone is raw (no case) so i would like a pouch so i dont have to stick it in my pocket.
and how do you know if i do or dont have insurance?????

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you can find a leather pouch just like that but made for a different device. Just gotta be sure it isn't too much of a loose fit.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
yes i want a case like this.

i like how the phone is raw (no case) so i would like a pouch so i dont have to stick it in my pocket.
and how do you know if i do or dont have insurance?????

Take a deep breath and calm down. I was not claiming to know if you do or don't have insurance. I was just making the point that protecting the phone with a better case is a good idea, particularly if by chance, you did not get Apple Care +. I followed that with an example of someone I met who does not have Apple Care +, and is taking a chance with a slightly better case than the one you want. No attempt was made in my response to insult you in any way, shape, or form. That should be obvious. Apparently, it was not.

Irregardless, what case you choose to use and the reasons you choose to use it is up to you. I hope whatever you choose works well for you.

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The problem I see with most, if not all, of the top pouch cases for the iPhone is that the belt clip is usually just a slip kind and not the spring belt clip like I have for my BB 9700. The slip clips just don't stay on your belt as well as the spring clips.

So the BB Storm case is too large? bummer.. I was trying to see if the case for the new 9850/9860 would work, but they look like they are just a tad bit too small...

I'm with you Static! i would like my phone to be nekked for all to see! Would the Storm case still be too large if you put a bumper-type case on the phone?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Take a deep breath and calm down. I was not claiming to know if you do or don't have insurance. I was just making the point that protecting the phone with a better case is a good idea, particularly if by chance, you did not get Apple Care +. I followed that with an example of someone I met who does not have Apple Care +, and is taking a chance with a slightly better case than the one you want. No attempt was made in my response to insult you in any way, shape, or form. That should be obvious. Apparently, it was not.

Irregardless, what case you choose to use and the reasons you choose to use it is up to you. I hope whatever you choose works well for you.

?calm down?:rolleyes: not sure how you could get that i am mad/upset from typed words.. lol anyway, my question was about cases... I am old enough (41) to know about things like insurance :) and i have never bought insurance on even ONE electronic item i have ever owned. I have only had one item break within the 2 years that most of them cover, and that was my xbox360 (actually it has broken 4 times and was free to replace each time).. so, really, I have saved a fortune doing so because there is no real reason to get it unless you are clumsy or bad about misplacing things (my sister... yes she should get the insurance! lol)

so, many thanks for the advice...do you happen to know of any good cases? ;)

... great... now im scared that i just jinxed myself!!! grrrrr!!! lol

The problem I see with most, if not all, of the top pouch cases for the iPhone is that the belt clip is usually just a slip kind and not the spring belt clip like I have for my BB 9700. The slip clips just don't stay on your belt as well as the spring clips.

So the BB Storm case is too large? bummer.. I was trying to see if the case for the new 9850/9860 would work, but they look like they are just a tad bit too small...

I'm with you Static! i would like my phone to be nekked for all to see! Would the Storm case still be too large if you put a bumper-type case on the phone?

actually.. i think if you put a bumper on it, if might fit perfectly (and snug)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
...actually.. i think if you put a bumper on it, if might fit perfectly (and snug)

I've been contemplating putting some sort of bumper-type case on my not-yet-purchased 4S.. but had the concern about pouches, etc. I carry my phones on my hip/belt, so having a good pouch is very important to me.. but all the iphone pouches seem to be overpriced and not to my standards.

I may have to look into getting a Storm case (Storm 1 or 2..does it matter?)...

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I know you said you don't want a case for the phone, but I use an Otterbox Commuter with the Seidio active belt clip and it fits perfectly!

Hook 'Em Horns!
Go Stars Go!

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's solid. I do have the commuter on, so without the case, there would be some wiggle room.

Really happy with the combo though. Like you, I have always carried my blackberry in a belt clip

I actually had my torch come out of my belt case and shattered the screen. I have absolutely no fear of my I4S going anywhere with this combo!

Hook 'Em Horns!
Go Stars Go!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i do have a question about using a blackberry case with an iphone- will the magnet in a blackberry case harm the iphone in anyway?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So what you guys are saying is that the BB Torch case fits the iPhone. I am going to get one off eBay. Blackberry always had the best cases.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a bumper case on my phone and use a $16 case from Wally World (Walmart). Works great!!! It's made by Case Logic and it pivots so I can either use it vertical or horizontal. It also has a magnet flip lid. Phone fits in it like it was made for it. Loose enough slide in and out easily, but doesn't rattle...

:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2