iPad 2 Shoulder Bags / Satchels

mtthw.sms

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I write for AppAdvice and I'm carrying around my iPad 2 a lot more than I used too. I was wondering if anyone has any decent suggestions for shoulder bags. Something where I can carry the thing around hands free.

jack22182

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up one of these:

(nice, I need 10 posts to show you the link. Google "targus citygear 10.2 netbook case" and you should get a good hit.)

It's for a 10" netbook but it holds the iPad and the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard perfectly! The iPad goes into the padded area where the netbook would normally sit. Plus, it has a couple of storage areas inside for the charger and any adapters you might need to carry.

Jack

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I got a Targus something from Barnes and Noble. I don't know if it's the above mentioned one, but it holds the iPad, my Kindle, a small moleskine notebook, etc.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I use an M-51 Engineering Bag that I picked up off of Amazon. It's small enough to not be awkward and obtrusive, but has plenty of pockets and storage for a lot of different stuff.

bag1.JPG

Here it is with the iPad on top front to give you an idea of size.

bag2.JPG

With the front flap open, you can see a lot of the little pockets that are available for pens, notepads, and other stuff. The flap has a clear plastic pocket for maps and other stuff you may need quick access to.

bag3.JPG

A quick look inside the main pocket. Plenty of room for the iPad and some notebooks. There's piece of plastic lining the back and separating the front main pocket from the rear pocket and maintaining shape when the bag isn't full.

bag4.JPG

The back zips open for access to more storage pockets for miscellaneous stuff.

It's a great bag that I've had for a couple years now and has held up to some abuse. Before the iPad, I used it to carry a netbook, and it did the job just fine. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with a black or khaki color over the olive drab, but that's a small quibble really.

ziffos

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
PORT Indiana Messenger Tote Bag is the one for me.

Fantastic interior, all the exterior pockets you will ever need and only costs about ?15 GBP.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
go and check out the lifestyle ipad case by priority cases. its an awesome unobtrusive iPad messenger bag that'd be perfect for you and can hold all your items so theres no need for anything in your hands or pockets.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2