Lifeproof cases..

BluffCityRat

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a case that is similar to my ottorbox but not as big and I have come to find the lifeproof case. I'm wondering why it doesn't get talked about more on this forum. It seems to be the thinnest and most protective case out there. What do you guys think? And it's waterproof.

iphone4-white-front.jpg

iphone4-white-back.jpg

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
There are several threads here discussing that case. It's not for everyone, mine went on eBay in less than 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been using since August. Love it. Also love the customer service. I don't use it for underwater shots but I know I'm protected. Think you don't hear a lot about it cause it's not sold thru local stores. Although I read best but selling them in stores.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It offers you protection underwater, but sacrifices a LOT. I had mine for about a month and put it on eBay. Realized that having a waterproof phone wasn't important to me.

LifeProof is a good concept, but needs a lot of improvements. For one, speakerphone becomes all but useless - even with the updates. Same with FaceTime. My particular case(s) also diminished the sound of the ringer AND the earpiece, to where it became all but impossible to hear my grandmother talking to me on the phone.

I'm using a Seidio Innocase Active right now and loving it.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using since August. Love it. Also love the customer service. I don't use it for underwater shots but I know I'm protected. Think you don't hear a lot about it cause it's not sold thru local stores. Although I read best but selling them in stores.

Bestbuy carries them now.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going from an Ottorbox to Lifeproof so I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference in performance as in hearing and stuff.

You may be very surprised and disappointed the life proof case will make your phone quieter and speakerphone will be muffled and tinny sounding it's a great idea but they need to refine it a bit more. I work on pools and hot tubs and lose lots of phones to water damage and even with the risk I couldn't keep my life proof the down sides were far out weighing the benefits.

Plus the screen cover plastic is very easily damaged and very expensive to replace again something you wouldn't expect from such an expensive case.

Last edited:

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
You may be very surprised and disappointed the life proof case will make your phone quieter and speakerphone will be muffled and tinny sounding it's a great idea but they need to refine it a bit more. I work on pools and hot tubs and lose lots of phones to water damage and even with the risk I couldn't keep my life proof the down sides were far out weighing the benefits.

Plus the screen cover plastic is very easily damaged and very expensive to replace again something you wouldn't expect from such an expensive case.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk