I was just wondering what the tiny hole next to the headphone jack is on the 4S. My Otterbox defender case even leaves this hole unblocked. So figure its something important. The otterbox even blocks off the headphone jack but not this hole.

Thanks in advance
    Josh
    Corona,NM likes this.
    10-18-2011 03:24 PM
    noise cancelling microphone
    mysimba97 likes this.
    10-18-2011 03:28 PM
    noise cancelling microphone
    Hmm. Not sure why its located up top than. Why wouldn't it be on the bottom of the phone with the speaker and microphone itself.
    10-18-2011 03:30 PM
    because if it was on bottom it would cancel your own speach its used to cancel background noise like tvs and cars driving by etc
    10-18-2011 03:31 PM
    because if it was on bottom it would cancel your own speach its used to cancel background noise like tvs and cars driving by etc
    Aww I gotcha.
    10-18-2011 03:38 PM
    Is the hole on the right side of it, the mic? or is that another noise canceling mic?

Cause unless i missed it i didnt see anything on the bottom, unless its those two oval holes on both sides of the charging jack thingy?
    10-18-2011 05:38 PM
    Is the hole on the right side of it, the mic? or is that another noise canceling mic?

Cause unless i missed it i didnt see anything on the bottom, unless its those two oval holes on both sides of the charging jack thingy?
    The hole on-top , to the right of the headphone port is the noise canceling mic. As for the two oval shaped holes on the bottom one is the microphone and the other is the speaker
    Last edited by Uselessbass; 10-18-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    06FG2 likes this.
    10-18-2011 05:44 PM
    The hole on-top , to the right of the headphone port is the noise canceling mike. As for the two oval shaped holes on the bottom one is the microphone and the other is the speaker
    Ahhh makes sense.
    10-18-2011 05:52 PM
    When the iPhone 4 first came out, I remember reading a thread where a user jammed a pin in there trying to eject a SIM. (The first 3 iPhones had the SIM on top)
    10-18-2011 06:33 PM
    I was just wondering what the tiny hole next to the headphone jack is on the 4S. My Otterbox defender case even leaves this hole unblocked. So figure its something important. The otterbox even blocks off the headphone jack but not this hole.

Thanks in advance
    Josh
    Slap yourself and repent.
    10-18-2011 08:20 PM
    When the iPhone 4 first came out, I remember reading a thread where a user jammed a pin in there trying to eject a SIM. (The first 3 iPhones had the SIM on top)
    You mean like I did as the woman on the phone with AT&T told me that was the sim release? That is where it was on my 3g, so I didn't even notice it was on the side until I couldn't fine anything small enough to fit in the hole. I asked her twice was she sure that was where the sim card was, and then I turn the phone and saw it on the side.

I hope I haven't done any damage as I tried to put a sewing needle down the hole, although I don't think more than the point when in.
    10-18-2011 08:55 PM
    just wondering is it okay for it to blocked off, i just bought a cheap case and im being lazing and dont wanna cut into it if i dont have to.
    10-31-2011 11:31 AM
    just wondering is it okay for it to blocked off, i just bought a cheap case and im being lazing and dont wanna cut into it if i dont have to.
    You can block it off, but you will lose the noise canceling during phone calls.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-31-2011 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD