- iMore Expert
- 775 Posts
Few quick questions about Mophie JuicePack Air
Hey all. I'm a heavy iPhone user so looking for the Mophie JuicePack air but I have a few questions that will make or break my purchase.
I know the mophie has an on or off switch
1. When on does the phone use its internal battery first or Mophie first?
2. Does the phone use both batteries at the same time to sort of double the battery life?
3. Does the Mophie continously charge the Iphone battery til its warn down?
4. When charging does it charge both at the same time or one until full and than the other til full?
The answers will determine if I buy the mophie
PS - I'm assuming the Iphone4 model fits and works fine with the Iphone 4S
- 10-17-2011, 08:58 PM #2
You charge the pack to full. Then on the pack, there is an on and off switch. You can have it charge your phone continuously or turn it on when battery is low (~1-30%)and use it to act as a external back up battery and charge your phone. It I quite usefull and I'm sure it will fit the 4s
- 10-18-2011, 12:42 AM #3iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
I have one on my 3GS. When charging, both charge at the same time. When off charge, the iPhone acts as if it is plugged in. It will charge to 100% off of the Mophie battery until the Mophie is drained, then the iPhone will drain.
I loved the extra battery life. The only cons were the added bulk and the proprietary USB cable. My first juice pack had a faulty connector which Mophie replaced free. Other than that it's been rock solid and a real life saver.