Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Default Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4S...

So, I took a look at the otterbox defender case for the iPhone 4S, and personally I don't like it. I think the iPhone 4 defender series was better. The whole difference is instead of different ports for the front-facing camera, earpiece, and proximity sensor, it's just one big cut-out.

I went on Wal-Mart's website and saw that they had a Otterbox Defender series case like the iPhone 4's but it was called 'universal'. Do you think this 'universal' case will fit the iPhone 4S? And, will Verizon-specific cases fit the iPhone 4S?

Thanks Alot!
    Rest In Peace, Steve Jobs.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

If it says universal it should. Maybe go in store and ask to try it out first or return it if it doesn't work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

a friend of mine has a 4S and a Defender for the 4.... she says it is working just fine.

There has to be a reason they changed it though.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iErick View Post
    a friend of mine has a 4S and a Defender for the 4.... she says it is working just fine.

There has to be a reason they changed it though.
    Supposedly the proximity sensor on the white was not working right with the defender for iPhone 4. Not sure how it affects the 4s. I have a defender for the 4s on my white Verizon iPhone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

There is a huge thread about this in the accessories section.
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 5 32gb black/slate . iPad air 64 gb white/silver . iPad mini 16gb 4g black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I bought a Iphone4 otterbox defender, and I love it. Works great with my 4s
    If I helped, thank me.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by robsegura View Post
    I bought a Iphone4 otterbox defender, and I love it. Works great with my 4s
    Really? Is the mute switch off-centered? Or aligned properly?
    Rest In Peace, Steve Jobs.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I bought one for my new phone and love it.

KC
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

I posted 2 pics of the defender. 1 for the Iphone 4 and 1 for the Iphone 4S. Otterbox added a bigger whole for the flash and camera lense for functioning reasons. The 1 with a bigger whole lets the flash and lense produce more. I myself have the newer model OtterBox Defender for the Iphone4S. It definately is bulky but its top notch quality and probaly the best quality made case on the market. I could throw this thing against a wall and feel good about it working fine afterwards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4S...-apl2-i4sun-20.jpg   Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4S...-apl2-i4xxx-20.jpg  
    Current White Iphone 4 8GB JB Evasi0n 7.0.4 because of budget reasons
    2011-12 White Iphone 4S 16 GB
    2011 White Iphone4 - 16GB
    2009-2011 Black Iphone 3GS 16 GB
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I bought the phone Friday morning first one in line at my local store. Bought an otterox defender Saturday night from Walmart for $40 for the original iPhone 4 and the case works 100% perfect. Mute button isn't in the center of the cut out but it is stil easily accessible.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Supposedly the proximity sensor on the white was not working right with the defender for iPhone 4. Not sure how it affects the 4s. I have a defender for the 4s on my white Verizon iPhone.
    I was considering the Otterbox Defender, but ran into the Otterbox Commuter at WalMart and got that. It fits find and feels solid.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    iPhone Newbie

I just got an Otterbox Defender (for iPhone 4) for cheap online. After putting it on it fits quite well. My only concern is that the mute switch is practically touching the plastic. I don't want the switch to break! Anybody else having this problem?