Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Default Worst case scenario tomorrow

If I got to an Verizon store and their all sold out,should I wait to order it over the internet or get an iPhone 4?

Posted from a soon to be Iphone 4s
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

Get an iPhone 4S
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,133 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Unless you're strapped for funds and can't afford the 4S, it'd be foolish to buy the older model when it's not the one you wanted...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

I'm so anxious for this phone, it's crazy! I do see what u guys are saying,so I gotta go with the 4s

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Unless you're strapped for funds and can't afford the 4S, it'd be foolish to buy the older model when it's not the one you wanted...
    EXACTLY!!!

you've waited this long.. another week wont hurt
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

Worst case scenario would be if you overslept and didn't wake up until Saturday..if your in line at your local Verizon Store when they open or even get there an hour early if you want, you should have no problem at all getting a 4S on launch day..
    Live, Laugh, Love and then there's...Apple!
    "It Just Works!"
    iPhone 5 32GB | iMac | MacBook Pro | iPad WiFi 32GB | Apple TV 2 | AirPort Extreme
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    4,312 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    ^^^This!!!

I used to do that. I'd buy the cheaper option, be it used or just older, such as computers or when I got the Palm Pre, but then I was never happy with it. So, I just faced facts and started spending a little more to get what I really wanted.

Mistress of Mischief
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,566 Global Posts

You're worrying for nothing. Just get to store a little early and you'll be fine. This is spread out among many stores. Only apple stores will have the chaos.

I anticipate getting a phone for wife and going about 10mins before at&T opens. Might take 20-30 mins tops. The preorders grabbed a lot of customers. Many aren't eligible for a full upgrade as carriers haven't done anything special this year in rolling back dates.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,391 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Wait until Saturday and they will probably get more. Or go to an Apple Store as they normally have much more stock, and also get more every day.
    iPhone Beginner

I plan on being there about an hour early at AT&T. From what i am hearing, it should be no problem getting one in store tomorrow. Just might take awhile if there are lines.
    iPhone Beginner

If they decide to deliver the phone any time between 8am and 12:30pm I'm going to miss it and not be able to pick it up until late Saturday afternoon
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Well here's the thing, have to be at work at 8am so I'm hoping that I can get one on my lunch break which is like 11:30

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0 B7

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie84 View Post
    Well here's the thing, have to be at work at 8am so I'm hoping that I can get one on my lunch break which is like 11:30

Listen, don't fret. Most people who really had to have one have pre-ordered and the fact this is not a totally re-designed phone leads me to believe there will be plenty to go around. I remember when the iphone came out on VZ, i went to the store not actually to get one and there was no line whatsoever.

A lot of people with the 4 are not upgrading so im thinking you should be fine. Don't settle for the 4 and go for the 4s.