Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Default What's the Best FM Transmitter for the iPhone?

Title says it all, I'm looking for a FM transmitter, but there are many options to choose from, does anyone have specific suggestions?
    iPhone Nanite

Hi jaquar11, I have been reading a lot of posts here, but thought I'd throw my $0.02 into the mix...

I have a gizmo called the RediRad-FM in my Jeep and believe it is the best of all worlds. On the plus side, there is NO broadcast interference it is priced competitively at $99, comes with a money-back guarantee and (somehow) it is MADE IN USA (not China!). The downside (which isn't really much of a downside) is that you have to install it (or have it installed). On my Jeep it was really easy but I needed connector adapters that I got online. Google RediRad.

Hope it helps!
    iPhone Beginner

I am not sure if it is the best or not, but personally I am pretty satisfied with this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I just the Griffin iTrip Auto at Wal-Mart for $40 on Friday (it goes for $69.99 at Best Buy).

So far, it is great. It is economical, it charges the iPhone and it works, at least in Nashville. I found 5 stations that played my music crystal clear.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm using Belkin - Auto FM Transmitter for Most Apple® iPod® and iPhone Models - Black which I bought @ BestBuy.
    iPhone 5S - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use this one: Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (Black):Amazon:MP3 Players & Accessories
    Love it--no interference problems, good sound quality, charges the phone, and the controls in the middle let me play/pause/skip/rewind without looking at my iPhone while I'm driving.
    iPhone Newbie

I use the Tune In Radio app. It's not an FM transmitter but I'm able to stream most radio stations.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by specialkd2424 View Post
    I just the Griffin iTrip Auto at Wal-Mart for $40 on Friday (it goes for $69.99 at Best Buy).

So far, it is great. It is economical, it charges the iPhone and it works, at least in Nashville. I found 5 stations that played my music crystal clear.
    Thanks for great news.....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use a Motorola T505. It's not a mount, it just clips to your sun visor. It connects to your phone via bluetooth and transmits to your stereo over FM. It works great. What makes it a lot better than the mounts is it has a built in microphone that makes it much better for hands free talking and Siri. Look around and you can find it on sale for $35-$40 at amazon and newegg. I like it so much I have two, on in my work vehicle and one in my personal vehicle.