Are iphone 4 cases fine for the 4S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanquish1

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Since they are the same dimensions I was wondering if it was fine to order an iphone 4 case and holster for the iphone 4S when I pick one up on friday or if there would be some sort of compatiablity issue?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Since they are the same dimensions I was wondering if it was fine to order an iphone 4 case and holster for the iphone 4S when I pick one up on friday or if there would be some sort of compatiablity issue?

This has already been over a lot of times and the answer is Yes, the iPhone 4 case WILL fit the iPhone 4S case. If you're planning on getting an Ottorbox case than they have different versions because Ottorbox is like a huge case.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, from what's been gathered, the volume buttons and the mute switch are moved a bit. Unless they are aligned, old iPhone 4 cases probably won't work.

The design is very close to the Verizon iPhone 4 design, so unless you have that iPhone 4 or unless the case doesn't cover the volume buttons, I'd suggest just getting a new one.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
There have been like 5 other posts about this and you can also check the accessories section of TiPb but I will answer your question. There are cases that will fit both, those are the ones that are just larger holes that lave the button areas open. The cases that have a button placement and/or specific sensor holes will NOT fit as they have slightly moved these things on the new model. Also be advised that on the iP4 the white phone was ever so slightly bigger than the black one and if this is the case again there might be other issues with finding a case. If you want to buy a case right now look for one that says compatable with all iPhone 4 models as those will be the ones with the side openings because they were made to work with AT&T and VZW which are slightly different as well.

Vanquish1

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I was looking at the incipio feather and holster combo for the white 4S. I think i'll just wait until they release an offical 4S of both products. Wasting money to ship those back to them would suck.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
They should be in the description of the product by now if they fit both the i4 and i4S. Seidios case clearly state they will fit the i4S also, at least the one I ordered.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Makes you wonder why they had to move the volume buttons just a tad. Maybe they needed room to fit in that tiny lady who says all the Siri stuff.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
They should be in the description of the product by now if they fit both the i4 and i4S. Seidios case clearly state they will fit the i4S also, at least the one I ordered.

Off topic I know but I'm going to go ahead since there is more than one 4s case thread. Anyhow pilsbury I looked at your profile since I remembered you from CB...you have five teenagers?!?! You must be a very patient man, how many girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2