Bluetooth

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What is the best bluetooth headset for the iPhone? With Siri coming I think it is a good time to find a good bluetooth headset to use with it. Any ideas? Should I wait for a company to make one more specific for Siri.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are so many variables in this...price, comfort needs, types of usage it will see, battery life (usage), etc etc etc. You'll have to give some details about those things before it could be properly answered.

As far as a "Siri" specific headset...i doubt there ever will be one. Will there be one marketed as such? I'm sure there will be, but only for sales sake (not for any legitimate advantage to Siri usage itself).

bmuncy

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There are so many variables in this...price, comfort needs, types of usage it will see, battery life (usage), etc etc etc. You'll have to give some details about those things before it could be properly answered.

As far as a "Siri" specific headset...i doubt there ever will be one. Will there be one marketed as such? I'm sure there will be, but only for sales sake (not for any legitimate advantage to Siri usage itself).

You are probably right about the Siri specific headsets and of course you can't rely on that as a sell point or that it is the best. Comfort to me is the biggest out of all those. If it is truly a real good headset I don't mind paying up to 100 but after that it starts becoming a question of if it is worth it.

NotHomer

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
SeanHHRC is correct. You can find a lot of reviews right here in TiPb. There are a lot of outstanding BT headsets up to your price range. Do you homework, and you shouldn't be disappointed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally have a Blueant Q2 but rarely use it...that may very well change with Siri, but personally, i've never been a huge fan of bluetooth headsets, i got this as a gift but i think it was like $80. Im actually pretty excited to see how easy it is to use this with Siri, since it'll make things a lot more convenient in the car...

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
What is the best bluetooth headset for the iPhone? With Siri coming I think it is a good time to find a good bluetooth headset to use with it. Any ideas? Should I wait for a company to make one more specific for Siri.

You could just use the Speakers with a built in Microphone, it comes with you're iPhone.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I like the RocketFish behind the neck stereo headset. It has good sound and sits on the outside of the ear - I'm not a big fan of ear buds. Though it does end up hurting my ears after wearing them for a long period of time (4-6 hrs) and I'm talking about the cartilage, not my ear drums.

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Seriously do you homework, and see what fits you. don't buy it from your carrier. go to apple and see what they sell and about satisfaction rate and compare it with the actual company of the bluetooth headset to get a solid indication

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using

Sony DR-BT140Q

The sound quality is great for bluetooth
The built in microphone works great
The mesh sleeving is very comfortable
The Bluetooth range is really amazing
The battery last really long

Last edited:

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you watch the beginning of [URL="https://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri.html#mn_p]Apple's Siri video[/URL], you see the runner clicking on Apple in-ear buds to activate Siri. I'd want to know if a particular BT headset has an equivalent button to press.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If you watch the beginning of [URL="https://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri.html#mn_p]Apple's Siri video[/URL], you see the runner clicking on Apple in-ear buds to activate Siri. I'd want to know if a particular BT headset has an equivalent button to press.

Most earphone/headset that has built in microphone has a button and can handle it.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
my Sony DR-BT140Q works on 3GS and 4.
It better be working on 4S as well :)

The button on your Sony works for play/pause, answer/end calls, etc. But will it work for Siri? There's no way to know until we get to test it. I hope it works so I can use my Plantronics BT headset.

The OP was looking to buy a BT headset that would work with Siri. I'd wait for the 4S to be tested with various headsets before buying one.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
We forgot that iPhone 4S comes with Bluetooth 4.0. It can supposedly wake up devices, so it's possible you can simply start talking and it'll wake up Siri. No need to push buttons?

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
But will it work for Siri? There's no way to know until we get to test it. I hope it works so I can use my Plantronics BT headset.

I thought they said in the keynote that the button on bluetooth heads will work with Siri. The big draw for Siri is using it in the car, so that would make sense.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought they said in the keynote that the button on bluetooth heads will work with Siri. The big draw for Siri is using it in the car, so that would make sense.

It would, but the Siri video shows the guy in the car using a wired headset. I couldn't find any Bluetooth 4.0 headsets right now, so maybe they're waiting for those?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to watching last week's iPhone 4S presentation. Around the 77 min. mark they do say that Siri works with Bluetooth headsets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711