4S: to case or not to case?

HellKatzX

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought an Otterbox defender and commuter, didn't like either of them too bulky I'm actually quite happy with the $5 TPU Case I found on ebay, phone still slides in my pocket easily. Have had it for over 6 months on my i4 and it fits my i4s perfectly

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I went with the ghost armor full body protection for front, back and sides. A case doesn't offer any protection to the screen so it'll break regardless if you drop it.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't usually case phones, but this one isn't plastic like my Android phone was, so it will be cased.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I love how the phone looks without a case but I also want it to stay pretty so I am using a case to help protect from scratches. I found some really cute iFrogz cases at Marshalls today for super cheap ($6.99) one is a pink/purple gradient and a aqua/green gradient. I might take it out on occasion but I like to change it up with cases :)

004.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited:

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't usually case phones, but this one isn't plastic like my Android phone was, so it will be cased.

I'm usually the same way but I had an iPhone 4 before I switched to Sprint and it randomly came up with scratches w/o a case. So, first thing is did was get a minimalist type case that is essentially a bumper with a plastic backing so I can put it on a table without scuffing it up.

jeffym

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a case that I don't really like. Not using right now, but I'd take it with if I was traveling, going out to the bars or playing golf. Normal, everyday use I'll probably keep the case off....for now.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a case that I don't really like. Not using right now, but I'd take it with if I was traveling, going out to the bars or playing golf. Normal, everyday use I'll probably keep the case off....for now.

Was playing golf and had my phone resting on the seat of the cart. Buddy jumps in, phone goes airborne takes one bounce and lands in a pond. Absolutely. Gutted.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably keep my CaseMate slider on most of the time, but I decided to order this Krusell Luna Leather Pouch for the times I keep the 4S naked. Lifetime warranty from a Swedish company. Comes in a few different colors. $15 for simple black leather.
41CQo4Mbr4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

kriss76

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought a white LifeProof case. Really, really like it! Kept my iPhone 4 in an Otterbox always, but the new 4s is going in a LifeProof case on Monday. Also got a Speck Candy case that I may use occassionally.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm usually the same way but I had an iPhone 4 before I switched to Sprint and it randomly came up with scratches w/o a case. So, first thing is did was get a minimalist type case that is essentially a bumper with a plastic backing so I can put it on a table without scuffing it up.

My Evo has been beat to crap, the plastic on it is very bad.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
My Evo has been beat to crap, the plastic on it is very bad.

Mine was beat to hell too. Mostly because the upholder in my car contributed to scratching the crap out of it. The EVO was a warrior though, however it got really laggy

murrelldj

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
ElementCASE Vapor Chroma, not cheap but makes an already great looking phone even better. Fits perfectly, feels secure and solid in your hand, well protected and build quality is faultless.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just placed an order with OtterBox last night for the new Commuter case made specifically for the iPhone 4S. I like how it doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone and has just the amount of protection for my needs.

Here's a link to the new OtterBox cases made for the 4S if anyone else is interested: iPhone 4S Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty clumsy person so I ended up getting the Otterbox Defender right when I purchased the phone. I love how pretty the white 4s looks, but I know it would only be pretty until I dropped it the first time....

So I got the white Otterbox Defender just to show off the white still :)

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Verizon shell and holster combo at the same time I picked up my 4s. I was hoping that the glass rear would have been left out of this version. I had a friend who dropped her iPhone 4 the same day she got the phone last year. It had me so concerned about the glass back that last night I had a dream that the phone came apart in my hands!

Also, I found i4 and 4s glass backs online for a couple of dollars... So I may just keep a small substock of replacement parts, like I used to with my blackberrys and androids, for those times I do carry it nude.... And not have to worry.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, I found i4 and 4s glass backs online for a couple of dollars... So I may just keep a small substock of replacement parts, like I used to with my blackberrys and androids, for those times I do carry it nude.... And not have to worry.

lmao.. The Apple store will replace the back glass for $29 and they will do it while you wait.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Call me an Apple fanboy but I run my phone naked like Apple intended it to. If I really feel the need for a case I go for a Apple bumper. :D

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep I used my iPhone naked. Then got some cheap protection off the bay and am wearing it naked as it's nice to look at. Tough choice. I'd say wear it naked on you and be careful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73