4S: to case or not to case?

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Will you carry your new iPhone 4S naked, or swathed in some sort of case? If you choose the latter, which one?

I'm going to enjoy my 4S as Apple intended - in the buff so to speak. My 3GS has lived in a Case Mate case for the past two years, mostly to protect the back from scratches. Unfortunately this didn't protect it while falling face down on concrete twice and cracking the screen each time. But with that, I bought AppleCare+ for the new phone.

I know/knew Apple products are beautiful to look at, but didn't fully appreciate how much time they put into the physical form and design until reading so many articles upon Steve Jobs passing this week. That being said, IMO it'd be a shame to not enjoy the beauty of the 4S design by spoiling it, obscured from view.

If by god I use both repairs via AppleCare before the next phone arrives, then I'll bite the bullet and get an OtterBox. But til that fateful day I'll enjoy my white 4S as it is out of the box.

What say ye?

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Will you carry your new iPhone 4S naked, or swathed in some sort of case? If you choose the latter, which one?

I'm going to enjoy my 4S as Apple intended - in the buff so to speak. My 3GS has lived in a Case Mate case for the past two years, mostly to protect the back from scratches. Unfortunately this didn't protect it while falling face down on concrete twice and cracking the screen each time. But with that, I bought AppleCare+ for the new phone.

I know/knew Apple products are beautiful to look at, but didn't fully appreciate how much time they put into the physical form and design until reading so many articles upon Steve Jobs passing this week. That being said, IMO it'd be a shame to not enjoy the beauty of the 4S design by spoiling it, obscured from view.

If by god I use both repairs via AppleCare before the next phone arrives, then I'll bite the bullet and get an OtterBox. But til that fateful day I'll enjoy my white 4S as it is out of the box.

What say ye?

I'm going to have to go with a case becuase, i wouldn't buy applecare, and i wouldn't want to break it. But, you're idea is cool!

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to use a zagg full body protection to avoid any scratches and carry in a belt pouch.
I agree with all of you that I would not want to cover it in case( its like seeing people in winter with thick jackets, only eyes are visible you know)
I do plan to buy apple care+ as I didn't get the option at verizon check out.

Sent using Tapatalk

Evan_Beezy

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Yup!

Hellz yea on that case...hope they use Gorilla Glass this time though instead of Apple's in house stuff. They did on the ipad 2 so hopes r looking good.

Enforcer#IM

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I compared the 4 to the picture of 4S. The seems to be some differences, the top front above screen has a camera hole a speaker slit and a third slit in the 4S. and the 4S has different cuts on the metal sides. Does anyone know if 4 cases work on the 4S, or will we have to wait and see?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I compared the 4 to the picture of 4S. The seems to be some differences, the top front above screen has a camera hole a speaker slit and a third slit in the 4S. and the 4S has different cuts on the metal sides. Does anyone know if 4 cases work on the 4S, or will we have to wait and see?

The slit on the front of the screen is a new addition and won't affect your case choice and yes the iPhone 4 & 4S cases both work, the addition of the "metal cuts" can be covered by a case without issue.

On a side note, iPhone case manufacturers must be thanking their lucky stars they didn't have to hustle to get out brand new covers on a newly designed casing, personally I love the size and feel of the iPhone4 so Im great with the iPhone4S casing staying the same!

To answer the original question, the iPhone's are beautiful to look at, agreed, but not so beautiful if they're scratched...taking your iPhone in and out of pockets, purses, surfaces, etc will eventually scratch something, and if you'd like to resell your iPhone in the future to upgrade to the next model (like me) keeping it in a case will always keep it in perfect condition. I personally will always use a case.

I currently use and just ordered a new white Case-Mate Pop for my new shiny white iPhone4S!

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a clear, thin case that covers the back and sides of my iPhone 4 and I'm so glad it was on or I would have a scratch across the back of the phone across the Apple logo which is either from setting it down on the coffee table (rough stone surface) or the dash of the car. It probably won't do a bit of good if it takes a significant drop though.

mariska#AC

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
After witnessing several of my friends dropping theirs on concrete & shattered the screen, I'm definitely getting some sort of protection. Plus I need that extra grip. I think I'm going to get the Case-mate barely there.

I'm thinking either the case-mate or a bumper. Which one works better? I usually take good care of my phones. I have an office job, so it'll just sit on my desk for most of the time, and I'll be carrying it in my purse.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If going nude, a clear front,back and sides protector is a must. I'm going nude on my IP4 with a side cover thing that protrudes out so I lay it down front or back is doesn't touch the surface.

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably using a case - a bumper so to say.

If Im not going to use a case, Im gonna make sure at least that the front, back, and sides of the phone are protected by a screen protector or something. I just cant leave it out in the open like that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73