Will all iPhone 4 cases fit iPhone 4S?

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I am wondering if everything is really exactly the same, even though the camera has changed, is it still the same size opening on the back of the phone?

I don't want to purchase an iphone 4 case ahead of time only to find that it blocks the camera, especially since the one i'm looking at has a pretty small camera hole.

Thoughts?

I'm super excited you guys, can't wait to retire this old 3G!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The official word from Apple is "yes". It will be interesting to see how this shapes up, though, as there are some slight differences in button placement, etc between the GSM and CDMA iPhone 4.

So I'd go with a qualified "probably".

Obviously, since Apple has not modified any of the connectors, the accessories should work without any glitch.

Last edited:

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I am wondering if everything is really exactly the same, even though the camera has changed, is it still the same size opening on the back of the phone?

I don't want to purchase an iphone 4 case ahead of time only to find that it blocks the camera, especially since the one i'm looking at has a pretty small camera hole.

Thoughts?

I'm super excited you guys, can't wait to retire this old 3G!

Yes, they should considering the 4S is a 4 with a better camera with and better CPU

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about this myself. My favorite case has the volume and mute cut-outs cut pretty close to the buttons-- there isn't a lot of wiggle room-- so I'm thinking I might be SOL. I have the ATT iPhone 4 which I think has a very slightly different placement of the volume and mute buttons from the CDMA version. If I'm not mistaken, I think the 4S will be on par with the current CDMA version.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an ATT specific iPhone4 Speck case that besides the camera cut out has the EXACT same button placement as the "universal" iPhone4 Speck case.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have an ATT specific iPhone4 Speck case that besides the camera cut out has the EXACT same button placement as the "universal" iPhone4 Speck case.

Hmmm. I've never compared the GSM side-by-side with the CDMA. The difference must be negligible. Perhaps I'll get to keep my favorite case after all! ;)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought a new one this past weekend and popped it on in the store. It is nearly identical. Then when my phone got stolen that night I bought ANOTHER ONE for the replacement.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about this myself. My favorite case has the volume and mute cut-outs cut pretty close to the buttons-- there isn't a lot of wiggle room-- so I'm thinking I might be SOL. I have the ATT iPhone 4 which I think has a very slightly different placement of the volume and mute buttons from the CDMA version. If I'm not mistaken, I think the 4S will be on par with the current CDMA version.

That's what I said here.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I was listening to a podcast (Macworld? TWiT? Not sure) where they were talking to one of the few people who got to try out the iPhone 4S at the announcement. He said that the button placements we the same as the Verizon iPhone 4 - identical as far as he could tell. For most cases it probably won't matter, but I'm focusing on the ones that say they work with Verizon iPhone 4's just in case...

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW