iPhone 4S "Must Have" Gear?

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, im juiced now. Pre-ordered my Sprint 64GB iPhone 4S this morning and the 14th can't come fast enough. Now I'm looking for iPhone accessories and can't wrap my head around what to get. After years of owning Palm devices I haven't kept track of all the sweet Apple gear for the iPhone.

What are your the MUST HAVE accessories for an iPhone 4S?

So far I've only decided on the Otterbox Commuter case. Help!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, im juiced now. Pre-ordered my Sprint 64GB iPhone 4S this morning and the 14th can't come fast enough. Now I'm looking for iPhone accessories and can't wrap my head around what to get. After years of owning Palm devices I haven't kept track of all the sweet Apple gear for the iPhone.

If you want you're phone to not break the otterbox is the way to go, but if you want a sylish case it is more likely to break! Hope this helps :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

A car charger. A car dock like the tomtom mount. And an apple tv2 for wireless mirroring. That's basically it.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Zagg Screen Protector is a must for any phone that will be in your pocket.

I am not going Otterbox as I am fan of the iPhone form factor, and those things are kinda ugly... That said, a cousin of mine is a roofer and he swears by the OtterBox. He has been known to have his phone fall off the roof and its lived to tell the tale.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Speck Candyshell, softcase pouch from etsy seller SeaSideSew, and a screen protector. That's all I need.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Zagg Screen Protector is a must for any phone that will be in your pocket.

I am not going Otterbox as I am fan of the iPhone form factor, and those things are kinda ugly... That said, a cousin of mine is a roofer and he swears by the OtterBox. He has been known to have his phone fall off the roof and its lived to tell the tale.

I have a OtterBox cover for my 3GS phone and love it, keeps in clean and protected.

KC

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the TomTom car cradle (that came out for the Touch and iPhone 3GS) will work with the 4S, or if there is something similar? My phone lives in that, in the car.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
yep, now this is my next dilema too. :D Otterbox is too ugly for my tastes.. definitely getting a screen protector like the one I have for my iPod Touch 4G.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I hope so. I _think_ I used it with the Touch, but I can't remember for sure.

I have a Motorola Rokr bluetooth speaker that I love. That Bose speaker sure looks nice, though! I like to listen to stuff on my phone while going to sleep, but after killing two NICE sets of earbuds I tried just sticking the speaker under my pillow, and that works greak for me!

Then I'll have to get the car stereo to find it- which was a huge PITA the first time. Alpine. AWFUL interface, BTW. The stereo takes control of the iPod and it's impossible to do anything easily (so I have a Nano connected permanently, not the iPhone) But it answers calls seamlessly.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an Otterbox Defender 4S case.

Total protection, comes with a detachable clip/kickstand.

I already have a Car Mount/Charger/Transmitter for my iPod Touch 4G which is iPhone 4 compatible too. So I'll just keep using that on the road.

I'm all set! Just need to fast forward to Oct. 14!

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Good to know. I haven't seen the case in person, but from the product photos it doesn't look too bad. Since I tend to throw my phone into my pocket, backpack, etc. I guess I'm leaning toward the "it can take a dive from 2-stories up and live to tell about it" feature. Thx!

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to be ordering a seido desktop stand for it and probably go get some ghost armor put on it

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
BTW - CNET did a break down on the best protective cases for the iPhone 4 a little while ago.

Top 20 tough iPhone 4 cases | Fully Equipped - CNET Reviews

A good read if you want a REAL case.

(Note not all of these are 4S compatible. So double-check with the vendor/manufacturer before ordering any if you choose. These are all iPhone 4 cases - the only issue using them on a 4S would be the slightly wider camera lens on the 4S. But most are fine for both phones.)

Reactions: KCook3 and elusivmd

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711