Cases for iPhone 4S

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
:D both are very cute LV !! I've actually stopped using cases altogether myself....the only thing I use now is my BookBook for when I go out:) and I just keep a skin or screen prot on the back of my 4S so it doesn't get scratched up. I've had my phone naked for about 2wks(?) now and I don't think I could ever put a cover back on it. I've gotten so use to it this way !!

WOW. you have came a long way Grasshopper, proud of you!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
:D both are very cute LV !! I've actually stopped using cases altogether myself....the only thing I use now is my BookBook for when I go out:) and I just keep a skin or screen prot on the back of my 4S so it doesn't get scratched up. I've had my phone naked for about 2wks(?) now and I don't think I could ever put a cover back on it. I've gotten so use to it this way !!

Whaaaaat?!! Wow...maybe today should be naked Saturday, I'll report back and let you know how it goes! ;)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Whoa! Living dangerously, Pink! ;)

I love the look of an iPhone sans case but honestly can't get a good grip on it without one. Also, where would I put the lanyard? :p

Lately I've been rockin' the clear Speck GemShell again. Closest thing I can get to a naked IPhone but with a lanyard!

Had it about a year and it still looks great. A lot of people thought the GemShell would look pretty messed up rather quickly, but it has held up perfectly!
Photo taken tonight:
View attachment 22227
Photo taken almost a year ago:
View attachment 22228
*I don't know why the attachment from last year is soooooo tiny, LOL! It posted small in the original post too:
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?p=1827715
:)I know you've always liked using a lanyard:) and the speck gem case does still look really good after that long!! Great:D

WOW. you have came a long way Grasshopper, proud of you!
:eek:Awwwww geeee....thanks "dad" LOL :D

Whaaaaat?!! Wow...maybe today should be naked Saturday, I'll report back and let you know how it goes! ;)
I'm thinking you'll enjoy it Seashell. I've gotta be honest, going back weeks ago when I first ditched my case it did feel quite weird....but after a day or two it was just like second nature LOL I really love my phone without any case at all now except for screen protectors to keep it from getting scratched in any way. In fact, this past week I've gone back to my regular wallet and haven't even used my BookBook either :eek: the poor thing is sitting on the counter all lonely :p although I am keeping it handy in case I do need to use it. I just can't bring myself to put a case back on my phone anymore.....

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking you'll enjoy it Seashell. I've gotta be honest, going back weeks ago when I first ditched my case it did feel quite weird....but after a day or two it was just like second nature LOL I really love my phone without any case at all now except for screen protectors to keep it from getting scratched in any way. In fact, this past week I've gone back to my regular wallet and haven't even used my BookBook either :eek: the poor thing is sitting on the counter all lonely :p although I am keeping it handy in case I do need to use it. I just can't bring myself to put a case back on my phone anymore.....

Ok...baby steps: I'm using a tight fitting clear TPU gel on it...maybe later today we'll go completely naked!! lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok...baby steps: I'm using a tight fitting clear TPU gel on it...maybe later today we'll go completely naked!! lol
and thats all good to take baby steps;) believe me...of all people in this world *I'm* using no more cases....took me just shy of a full year to achieve this. Today is exactly a year ago that i got my 4S:) and if you just simply love the style of using a case (as well as adding protection), then stay with them:D no one but YOU has to be happy either way;):)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
and thats all good to take baby steps;) believe me...of all people in this world *I'm* using no more cases....took me just shy of a full year to achieve this. Today is exactly a year ago that i got my 4S:) and if you just simply love the style of using a case (as well as adding protection), then stay with them:D no one but YOU has to be happy either way;):)

I do like cases and also naked, it's fun to have choices!! ;). And Happy iAnniversary!!

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've only been using Speck cases nowadays, mostly my well-used CandyShell Card case and switching it up with 2 Burton Fitted cases.

I am now thinking of replacing the CandyShell Card with the new SmartFlex Card, because the newer model is (supposedly) easier to remove and my CandyShell Card is starting to get worn out from constantly removing the phone from the case.

All in all, my favorite cases have been from Speck.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Update: Been naked now for 4 hours (tee hee!) and while I like the feel of it, the shakes have not dissipated yet! Feels so slippery, leaving for work shortly and my cases are taunting me...but I'll give it a little longer! ;) {Letting my iphone control my feelings this morning...hmm, is there an app to take care of that?!}

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Update: Been naked now for 4 hours (tee hee!) and while I like the feel of it, the shakes have not dissipated yet! Feels so slippery, leaving for work shortly and my cases are taunting me...but I'll give it a little longer! ;) {Letting my iphone control my feelings this morning...hmm, is there an app to take care of that?!}

woo hoo, naked iphone running around !! LOL !! This post made me chuckle Hil !! Hang in there girlie your doing great:D

namsterdamus

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No there is a very minor tweak which is the silent switch moved up a tiny bit like 2mm so cases where the hole is exact won't fit but cases where the side is a bit more loose will have no problem. Look for cases with an opening from the top of the silent switch down to the bottom of the volume button and you'll have no problem.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
For anyone that wants to know, Otterbox has finally listened to its user base and is allowing us to custom build our own Otterbox Defender. I've already made mine and plan on ordering it soon. I've waited since the 4s came out to be able to pick my own colors and now I can. :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
For anyone that wants to know, Otterbox has finally listened to its user base and is allowing us to custom build our own Otterbox Defender. I've already made mine and plan on ordering it soon. I've waited since the 4s came out to be able to pick my own colors and now I can. :)

Cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Dragging up an older post to show off my new case I got last night off Amazon.

My apologies in advance for the crappy quality of the photos of the case on the phone. I had to use my old Storm2 to get the photos.

IMG_5525_zps86d79cf1.jpg

The Ballistics Every1 case. It's thinner than the Ballistics HC case but it still has a built in screen protector I love

The two plastic pieces snap together then at the corner, the gray rubber flaps fit into holes to add more protection.

Best part about this case? It has a kick stand so when I watch Netflix, I can prop it up:

IMG01140-20130209-0804_zpsc87d7031.jpg

IMG01139-20130209-0803_zpsb62924e9.jpg

It's thinner than the HC cases and the Otterbox Defenders and it doesn't have the extra rubber skin on the outside like the HC or Defenders do

IMG01141-20130209-0804_zps6033c2f1.jpg

IMG01138-20130209-0803_zps9b74ff7a.jpg

IMG_5526_zpsafb23abe.jpg

I really like it though.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Got an 4S Armor case.

WOW

Big but you want ultimate protection!!! Get it.

Water proof for 30 min under 6.6 ft of water.

Dust proof

Crush proof - 2 ton limit

Drop test at 10 ft

It's thick.. But very usable if you like the Mil-spec features it has.

Pictures will be posted later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh