Cases for iPhone 4S

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw the preview for that during CES. Lol.

I'm living dangerously. Since its summer like here in Ontario, I'm allowing my iPhone to drink in the vitamin D. She's naked. I am tending to run caseless more and more now that I have the 9900 as a backup.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
Tapatalk

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got both of my Ballistics cases in the mail this weekend and had all weekend to test them out. I got one in light pink and one in hot pink.

I've been an Otterbox gal for quite some time. I've used an Otterbox on all of my phones from my very first 8350i to my current iPhone4s, but like some other people I know, I've gotten tired of waiting on them to release the color combinations for the 4s that they have out for the 4, so I found the Ballistics case on Amazon. I'll include a link at the end of the review.

The case is easy to assemble and comes with three parts: The belt clip holster, the rubber skin and the plastic case. The phone can be used without the rubber skin, but for an added layer, use the rubber skin. I do. The belt clip will work without the rubber skin, but I'm accident prone when it comes to phones and considering how fragile the iPhone is, I need all the help I can get.

Sorry for the crappy photo quality. I had to use my Storm2 to take the photos of the case on the iPhone. :D

IMG_1372.jpg

The hot pink case showing all 3 pieces. The writing on the plastic case was the protector thing on it. Just peel that off and you're good to go.

IMG01134-20120320-0820.jpg

With the rubber casing on

IMG01132-20120320-0817.jpg

IMG01131-20120320-0817.jpg

Light pink case without the rubber casing on. I didn't get one of the hot pink case minus the rubber casing.

IMG01136-20120320-0821.jpg

Side view with belt clip on

The case was really easy to put on the iPhone. The plastic shell comes apart into two halves. Put your iPhone into the back half, snap on the front part and you're done. The plastic part has a built in screen protector like the Otterbox Defender series does which I love. I can't stand the apply it yourself screen protectors.

All ports are easily accessable. The proximity sensor worked just fine when I was on the phone. I could still charge my phone easily. The mute switch on the side was easily accessable. Power on and power off button worked fine. Volume controls were fine.

IMG01133-20120320-0820.jpg

Hot pink

IMG01130-20120320-0817.jpg
\
Light pink

Two gripes:

I'm still not able to dock my phone on my iHome without taking the case off.
I'm not able to charge my phone with the belt clip on. I have to take that off.

Other than that, I'm very pleased and you can't beat $9.

Link to buy: Amazon.com: AGF Ballistic HC Case for iPhone 4, Pink: Cell Phones & Accessories

And it's cheaper than what I paid for it. :D

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Laura !!:D I love the 2 pinks you choose. I'm gonna be checking those out indeed and perhaps add them to my case collection :eek: LOL.

One question for you-are they the same size or larger than an OB defender?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Laura !!:D I love the 2 pinks you choose. I'm gonna be checking those out indeed and perhaps add them to my case collection :eek: LOL.

One question for you-are they the same size or larger than an OB defender?

You're welcome. :D There are other colors, but I liked the pink ones.

They're about the same size as the Defender. I don't notice one case being heavier than the other. I wear my phone clipped to the inside of the waistband of my pants, especially when I'm out with the horses, and haven't felt like one was bigger than the other.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. :D There are other colors, but I liked the pink ones.

They're about the same size as the Defender. I don't notice one case being heavier than the other. I wear my phone clipped to the inside of the waistband of my pants, especially when I'm out with the horses, and haven't felt like one was bigger than the other.

:Dgreat !! Thanks again, and thanks for providing the link as well. ;):)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I broke down today and ordered the Ballistic case Laura posted a review about in the baby pink color, annnnnnnnnd while browsing the same seller had a pink silicone/black shell OB defender too..........Yep !! Ordered that along with it lol. :D

thegreatone28

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new iPhone 4S Sleeve a couple weeks back and I'm getting lots of compliments on it's uniqueness. Personalized for free and tons of designs to choose from. Made by Joe V. Leather.

iphone_4s_handmade_leather_sleeve_skeleton_by_joevleather-d4ticq3.jpg

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I broke down today and ordered the Ballistic case Laura posted a review about in the baby pink color, annnnnnnnnd while browsing the same seller had a pink silicone/black shell OB defender too..........Yep !! Ordered that along with it lol. :D

I figured you'd order it. :) You'll love it. I've been switching back and forth between the hot pink and the lighter pink case since I bought them. I'll use the hot pink for a day, then switch to the other pink.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I figured you'd order it. :) You'll love it. I've been switching back and forth between the hot pink and the lighter pink case since I bought them. I'll use the hot pink for a day, then switch to the other pink.

Hellz yea, for $7.98 and free s/h !! I can't wait to get it, and the pink OB defender I also ordered. I'm gonna have me a blast mixing up all the silicones/shells for the OB defenders i have too :D

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ohhh speck candy shell lovers......speck put up 2 new colors:D dark heart mahogany and cotton dandy blue :D

(no I haven't ordered....yet lol. I'm trying to refrain myself)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i am still working on my template for my paper mache!

funny you should mention this Ame - i actually thought about this the other day and wondered if its still in the works or if you've given up. Glad to hear your still at it - i seriously am interested in seeing what you come up with:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow how they know how to hook us.

:)indeed !! i know quite a few requests were made on the Speck feedback about bringing back some of the colors the iP4 had, and these are 2 of them. I'm trying like he!! to justify to myself that i dont need another 1 or 2 cases:eek: LOL but that dakr heart mahogany one is calling my name LOL !!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do any of the Speck Candyshell cases come with belt clips? I found some colors I like but it doesn't look like they come with belt clips.

Also, do they have a built in screen protector like Otterbox and Ballistics?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2