Cases for iPhone 4S

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Belkin case in smoke grey/black from Verizon. I have this one, as well as the Otterbox Commuter. I love the otterbox, but for some reason I like the slimness of the Belkin. Only issue is the case catches every fingerprint since it's silicone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is the Speck CandyShell Flip

And they just came out with a CandyShell Satin for those who prefer a "grippy" feel.

I found a new discount code: "speckisbest".

I just recd my speck candy shell case today in raspberry truffle.....omg :D LOOOOOVE the color !! The white on the white 4S looks fantastic with the little pop of dark pink around the rim. BUT the only thing I'm not crazy about is how "slippery" the case feels. That's my only complaint lol. Otherwise, were good to go:D

ANNND LVMH I see you noted here about the grippy feeling ones avail now....I may just have to check those out and see if they have the rasp truff color avail. Thanks for sharing the coupon code too !! :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just recd my speck candy shell case today in raspberry truffle.....omg :D LOOOOOVE the color !! The white on the white 4S looks fantastic with the little pop of dark pink around the rim. BUT the only thing I'm not crazy about is how "slippery" the case feels. That's my only complaint lol. Otherwise, were good to go:D

ANNND LVMH I see you noted here about the grippy feeling ones avail now....I may just have to check those out and see if they have the rasp truff color avail. Thanks for sharing the coupon code too !! :)

Yay! The raspberry truffle case is so cute with the white phone! A sales rep had a black iPhone but with the raspberry truffle candyshell + a white Moshi Visor. Really nice! (It really looked like she had a white iPhone.) And I heard that the white cases hide scratches better. Both my original candyshell case and my flip case are black/grey (For my black iPhone. Boring, I know!!) Scratches do show up but they don't bother me. ;)

Looks like the satin grippy ones only come in two colors for now: a dark grey/grey and a white/red. Hopefully they come out with raspberry one soon for you! But I wonder if the white grippy case would attract dirt more because of the soft texture?

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the satin grippy ones only come in two colors for now: a dark grey/grey and a white/red. Hopefully they come out with raspberry one soon for you! But I wonder if the white grippy case would attract dirt more because of the soft texture?

I'll try to remember to post a review here for you, I just ordered the grey on grey CandyShell Satin from Speck. Hopefully it will be here next week.

I wanted to try a CandyShell but I know for sure that the scratching on the back would drive me nuts, and I wanted something with a little more grip.

Oh, and in case someone is thinking about buying directly from Speck use the promo code "speckisbest" to save some money. It brought the price of the Satin down to $27 and change.

Last edited:

mwildermuth

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iPhone 4s Tough Case Mate for 35 dollars and I love it. It comes with a rubber casing that goes on first and a hard casing that goes on second, and it doesn't make the phone all that much bigger but it feels safe and secure in it. Plus the rubber part goes over the top and bottom so it's easy to plug your head phone jack and charger in.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yay! The raspberry truffle case is so cute with the white phone! A sales rep had a black iPhone but with the raspberry truffle candyshell + a white Moshi Visor. Really nice! (It really looked like she had a white iPhone.) And I heard that the white cases hide scratches better. Both my original candyshell case and my flip case are black/grey (For my black iPhone. Boring, I know!!) Scratches do show up but they don't bother me. ;)

hmmm....yea if they did the grippy ones with the white, you have a good point. I also wonder if that would attrack more surface dirt too....but as anal as i am about keeping my phone/cover clean, i wouldnt let it get any marks on it if i can help it:)

I'll try to remember to post a review here for you, I just ordered the grey on grey CandyShell Satin from Speck. Hopefully it will be here next week.

I wanted to try a CandyShell but I know for sure that the scratching on the back would drive me nuts, and I wanted something with a little more grip.

Oh, and in case someone is thinking about buying directly from Speck use the promo code "speckisbest" to save some money. It brought the price of the Satin down to $27 and change.

Speck seems to deliver quickly. I ordered mine on Tues and had it in Fridays mail:)

As for the candy shell, i'm totally crazy about it, but i am concerned about it possibly getting scratched up and most of all, i can confirm that it is 'slippery' feeling. Thats the ONLY thing i dont like about it. I'm thinking about putting something on the back or sides, perhaps, to give it grip. I'm just not sure what though. I could apply a Zagg, but i don't want to spend that kind of money just to put it on a cover, ya know?

SO, if anyone has any ideas for me on what i could apply for some 'grip' i open to them:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just finished doing an in-depth review of the LifeProof case. Considering how many cases we wind up buying, $80 really isn't that much when you look at the protection it offers.

first off, let me say :);)excellent review Alli !!

ok, so ya got me -- you do have a very valid point. By the time i purchase cases that i'd like to be stylish with(whether they offer physical protection or not), it would prob be darn near the $80 :eek: heck, i just spent $34 bucks on my Speck case.

So with that being said, after reading your review, and watching the video(again lol) i think i will reconsider and perhaps make a purchase OR put it on my Santa list:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As soon as they're back in stock, I am totally getting the replacement front in purple!

Thanks for the kind words, too, Pink!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As soon as they're back in stock, I am totally getting the replacement front in purple!

Thanks for the kind words, too, Pink!

:)Yvw Alli !!

Now, as for colors, most that know me would think i'd be jumping on the pink, lol, BUT in this case i'm totally digging the white and thats what i'll be gunning for;)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the lifeproof since august and love it. Think about how many people mess up their phones by dropping in toilet or pool or other body of water. I look at it as insurance. Still too chicken to test it out underwater but I know if it happens to fall in I'm protected.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
:)Yvw Alli !!

Now, as for colors, most that know me would think i'd be jumping on the pink, lol, BUT in this case i'm totally digging the white and thats what i'll be gunning for;)

I have the white. Phone under is black but you would never know.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
How does the lifeproof compare in size to the otterbox defender?
Also what it the texture of the lifeproof case - slippery or not?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice