- 12-07-2011, 06:21 AM #101
(I actually forgot about that tip to open the port door so the sound is louder, so thx for the reminder on that Phreddyl)
Last edited by Pink; 12-07-2011 at 06:31 AM.
- 12-08-2011, 01:12 PM #102
Well, just a follow up on the LifeProof. Sorry to say that for me, the case just didn't work out. I LOVE the protection it offers but I just didn't overall like the way the screen lost some sensitivity, and then the sound was more muffled to me. With the port door open, the sound did improve, but I certainly can't leave it open all the time, that just defeats the purpose of the case overall.
So this case just isn't for me.
- 12-08-2011, 08:21 PM #103
rec'd the incipio bombproof case today that I ordered from amazon on Tues. 1) I was shocked how quickly I recd it-est date was 12/9 so I had a surprise in the mail today 2) I freakin LOVE this cover !! I think I have found "thee one" ........for now lol.
What I really like about it overall is
1) the form factor of it, it's silicone-so eeeeeeasy to put on the phone.
2) it is a little thicker than most silicone cases, and the grenade like form of it is real rugged. The back of the case is even slightly rounded also.
3) overall it does add a little more size to the phone and it's very square(love that!)-def resembles a candy bar form even more so.
4) the front covers the whole bottom, including the home button for protection-it has it's own little square "button" for the home button. Does not interfere with the function of the home button at all.
5) Has openings for all ports that need access. The opening in the back for the camera/flash is nice and wide so when using the flash for a pix, the color of the cover won't cause the flash to wash out the pix.
Overall, I'm very pleased with this cover, and I feel it was well worth the price indeed I ordered mine from amazon.com because incipio was out of the color I wanted it in-in fact incipio is out of stock in all the colors it's avail in, so if your interested in it, I'd suggest going right to amazon.com
Last edited by Pink; 12-08-2011 at 08:24 PM.
- 12-09-2011, 04:59 AM #104
- 12-09-2011, 05:10 AM #105
- 12-09-2011, 06:30 AM #106
- 12-09-2011, 07:48 AM #107
LOL, as for your 'gripe' with the commuter bottom port, do we really need an excuse to shop IDTS!! I personally love Amazon myself
seeeeee, now you mentioned a case mate tank, i'm just gonna have to check out now too lol.
- 12-09-2011, 01:39 PM #108
- 12-10-2011, 12:57 AM #109
My blackberry was always being left somewhere and I would have my husband call it and of course the thing would be on vibrate or silent!
At least now I have 'Find my iPhone' if I ever take it off the lanyard and misplace it!
I actually have people coming up to me saying "Cool - what a great idea!" and "How did you attach it?" asking where I bought my lanyard and of course the candyshell it's connected to.
- 12-10-2011, 01:29 AM #110
Yay! Candyshell flip!!! I love that case!
I posted in other threads that my husband has decided he prefers his iPhone naked...and of course he dropped it today and shattered the back.
So we are going to the Apple Store to replace the screen. He is so lucky the front didn't crack and that the phone still works!
Anyway, even after this debacle he will probably still want to carry the phone naked or close to it, so I was thinking of getting this case for him:
SGP Neo Hybrid
Hopefully he uses it since it retains the sleekness factor and It will hopefully give him more "grip" to lessen the chance of him dropping it AGAIN. But of course it won't protect as well as an Otterbox or Candyshell. :roll eyes:
Has anyone used these? I'm wondering if it is ok to use with the GSM 4S since it says CDMA?
- 12-10-2011, 01:50 AM #111
- 12-10-2011, 01:55 AM #112
UGH....why do I even look when you people post links to new iphone cases!!!??? Those look pretty sharp! I may have to do more research and perhaps try yet another case! Thanks a lot for feeding my addiction....lol That just may be what your husband needs too. Thanks again for the link
- 12-10-2011, 02:14 AM #113
- 12-10-2011, 08:13 AM #114
- 12-10-2011, 08:31 AM #115
- 12-10-2011, 08:44 AM #116
- 12-15-2011, 07:19 PM #117
Well it figures...on my mission to find the "perfect" case I ordered the iskin claro on Amazon and literally the NEXT day I get an email that the Speck SeeThru that I've been waiting to be stocked is now in stock! aaaarrrrggghhh. SO I will hold off on the Speck since my iskin in enroute due for delivery next wk. I am so tempted to go naked but I just cant even bare the sound of gently laying my iphone down on my desk at work with no case. The DRAMA it would be if I would drop it! This is the reason I am looking into a clear case now to show off the beauty!
- 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM #118
Iskin claro came in and am happy for now! Noticed the camera cutout is smaller than most of the new 4S cases but bigger than what most of the 4 are. That said I did a test of a pic with and one without case on while using flash. I can't seem to notice huge difference.
First one with case on.
- 12-16-2011, 05:34 PM #119
and no, there is no diff in the pix with or without the case on I saw a pic of it in the other thread. I wonder if that slight yellowing your talking about is just becuase of the material the case is made out of to be more durable on the sides idk, just a thought. I do like the case also, and no i dont have the guts to let my phone run naked....like you, there be ALOT of DRAMA if it got dropped
Last edited by Pink; 12-17-2011 at 12:22 PM.
- 12-17-2011, 01:18 AM #120
- 12-17-2011, 05:33 AM #121
- 12-17-2011, 06:47 AM #122
I'll be curious to see how you like it. If you buy from Amazon or somewhere else make sure you get the 4s version because it has the bigger camera cut out. Really wish I would of waited longer. It came out like 2 days after I had already ordered the iskin. Not a huge disappointment so far.
- 12-17-2011, 11:48 AM #123
- 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM #124
- 12-19-2011, 03:39 AM #125