- 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM #351
- 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM #352
Got my black candy shell for my black 4s. LOVE IT. my daughter got the white/purple candy shell. Loves it. Im ordering the white/pink one for myself now that i know i like the case. My daughter also got the home button stickers. Cute zebra prints and some animal faces. Yes shes in college and all her friends want them now LOL. she put a pink zebra one on my phone..... Gotta say, i like it!
- 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM #353
- 01-16-2012, 08:59 PM #354
I got the white speck candyshell with Grey border the woman persuaded me to get a case when I picked it up on release day...and It protects the phone just as good as an otterbox without all the bulk plus it looks so sexy on my white 4s lol
- 01-17-2012, 02:10 AM #355
- 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM #356
I recd the casemate phantom today. First, the aqua color is reeeeeeeally pretty as soon as I opened the package I immediately put the case on (even tho I was wearing pink today crazy................. I knowLOL)
So, let me say a few things about it so far:
1) it's very similar in size, bulk, feel, covers openings like the OB defender. Even tho the bottom mic/speaker are covered by a vented type of protection, the sounds still beams out without sounding muffled at all.
2) using the phone to talk/tx-iMessage/email is comfortable in the hand, and I have smaaaaall hands, (I'm a petite 5' thing, lol)
3) there are two separate pieces to the case, the part that snaps on first does NOT have a clear screen protector built into it like the defender does, but if you have a screen protector on already then no worries. So that goes on first and then you put the phone into the silicone like jacket to complete the case. Also, on the snap on part of the case, there is a button that covers the home button for protection-this is really soft so it's easy to push the home button to access what you need. It's not hard to push the on/off/sleep button either-easy as well.
when I first put the case on, I was concerned with how thick it was with the way the camera sits "in" on the back BUT I took a few photos with the flash on & off and the pix came out perfect-so there's no shadowing or flash back (whiting out the pix) to worry about. All is good there
Overall I think it's a really nice case, I'm very pleased with it-and I can see myself getting another color as well. Maybe the pink with lime green accents, or the gray with pink accents when it's avail. I would recommend this case to this that like the OB defenders or that don't mind a little bit of a bulkier case but still want their phone to look nice as well I feel confident enough that god forbid the phone took a drop, the case would protect it without a doubt
(Sorry about the quality on last 2pix, my din rm lighting was crappy ATM, lol.)
- 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM #357
- 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM #358
- 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM #359
Great pics Pink. Think I'm going to order tha same one for my daughter. She loves real too. It looks like space or something between the front cover piece n back piece. Looking from the sec to last pic. Does that bother you? Also if you had to list negatives about the case what would it be most bothers you? And also are you saying this is same thickness as defender or commuter? And thanks again for a great review!
- 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM #360
now, as for the 'space' your talking about--i *think* i understand what you mean. does it bother me? no, because it needs that little bit of section to be able to insert the phone with the top piece into the bottom section of the case. also for the most part of that space, its mainly the clear plastic part of the top peice that your seeing that appears to be a space, if any of that made sense, LOL. As of right now, i have no negatives about the case. As for the size of the phantom compared to the defender, the phantom is a little taller than the defender by about an 1/8 of an inch, but the thickness & width are the same. i do think the phantom weights a little more than the defender does also--not to sure about that tho., but it def is a solid case.
i'm *usually* not a teal or turquoise person, but i have to say, the color of the case is really, really pretty & feminine i'm glad i choose this color first to try out the case
Also, i ordered mine directly from Case-Mate (amazon doesnt have them yet)--on the 12th with priority shipping(2-4 days) and i rec'd it today. I prob wouldve gotten it from the USPS yesterday if it wasnt closed for the holiday.
Last edited by Pink; 01-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.
- 01-17-2012, 10:46 PM #361
- 01-18-2012, 07:37 AM #362
- 01-18-2012, 06:55 PM #363
- 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM #364
- 01-19-2012, 06:56 PM #365
- 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM #366
- 01-19-2012, 08:49 PM #367
- 01-19-2012, 08:49 PM #368
- 01-20-2012, 12:34 AM #369
My PixelSkin HD case came in yesterday, too, so I had that on all yesterday. I would say as far as function goes, this case is perfect for somebody going for the minimalist look/feel in a case that wraps around the whole edge of the phone. Don't get me wrong. It's also a very attractive case. I just like the way my Belkin Essential case looks better. Solid matte black back that is undisturbed by logos and a white band around the side. Simple, but eye-catching contrast.
Last edited by RichardC300; 01-20-2012 at 12:38 AM.
- 01-20-2012, 01:44 AM #370
- 01-20-2012, 01:51 AM #371
- 01-20-2012, 09:39 AM #372
- 01-20-2012, 12:00 PM #373
- 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM #374
- 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM #375
I went to BestBuy today specifically looking for the Belkin essentials 050 and found it in the pink/purple, while I was there I also bought the iFrogz breeze case in hot pink back/black rim. Both cases are really nice, but I have to say I'm real crazy about the breeze case-I think it looks totally hot on the white iPhone