In-ear headphone replacements?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a third party in-ear headphone that includes the Apple style controller and mic? I know there are many with the mic, but I can't tell if they can also pause, skip, etc.

OR: is it possible to get in-ear style tips to use with the earbuds that come with the iP4? I'd be happy to stick with them if I can get them to stay in my ears.

Thanks!

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a third party in-ear headphone that includes the Apple style controller and mic? I know there are many with the mic, but I can't tell if they can also pause, skip, etc.

OR: is it possible to get in-ear style tips to use with the earbuds that come with the iP4? I'd be happy to stick with them if I can get them to stay in my ears.

Thanks!

I have a pair of Etymotic HF3 headphones that do. They sound great and are very comfortable to wear, but they are a bit pricey. I think I paid about $175 for them. As with most earbuds, they come with several sets of interchangeable tips.

Etymotic Research, Inc. - HF3 earbuds

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. I probably should have mentioned that part of why I'm asking is that Apple's in-ear style is already kind of expensive for me. I'm okay with the lower quality audio, I just want the damn things to stay put!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

seess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a third party in-ear headphone that includes the Apple style controller and mic? I know the e are many with the mic, but I can't tell if they can also pause, skip, etc.

Thanks!

I bought an iphone and found the earphone's quality is not good. I am looking for a new one too

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
For those of you that want the stock buds to sound better, pick up some foam earbud covers. You can get them for super cheap on amazon. I picked up a pair one day at radioshack and couldn't believe the difference in sound. It is literally night and day. Really extends bass. Mind you it's not going to compare to $200 buds (Sennheiser MX980) but they REALLY make the stock buds sound good for the price. I picked up 400 on amazon for $10 but the quality isn't as goo as the RS ones.

I've gone through so many earbuds (absolutely can't stand in ear monitors) and nothing is ever that much better than the stock buds with pads. I do have to say the Bose sounded pretty good but not worth the price. When my stock buds break I'll pick up another set since they aren't very expensive.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
For earbuds with controls, I believe Skullcandy has a few that have a mic and controls. The prices aren't too horrendous if you shop around, and the sound quality on them isn't all that bad. If the controls aren't that much of an issue, but price is, I picked up a pair of Palm Pre earbuds on Amazon for about $4 shipped that sound pretty good and seem pretty sturdy. I use them all the time and have no complaints, especially for the price.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For those wondering, I ended up buying a set of Acoustibuds that work really well. The set comes with three sizes, and I haven't had any issues at all with them. They stay put in my ears, sound great, and--best of all--I get to keep my Apple-issued in-line mic/controller. All this for about twelve bucks.

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Klipsch S4i is what I got, then have the full mic and control ability like the stock iPhone headset however are very comfortable and sound much better. Cost around $100 MSRP. I would recommend them to anyone not requiring audiofile level sound - basically daily driver headphones. I have a better set of Shure earphones for when I really want things to sound their best...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I definitely would have looked into those if I wasn't looking for something inexpensive. They had great reviews, but I couldn't afford them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2