Iphone 4S cases have arrived at AT&T!

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Not at all. In the BG's original post, the displayed cases were actually iPhone 4. After readers responded that the photos were not that of the new iPhone 4-s, BG added a new photo and stated that this one was.

What is strange here is the location of the volume toggle. We have seen from the case leaks that the iPhone 5 volume toggle would be on the devices right side (looking at the front). The new BG photo also shows cut out ports on that side.

Who knows if this is an iPhone 4s or 5 picture of a case.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In the past...were any of the cases or bumpers or anything available for the newest iPhone before release? I seem to remember going to get the iPhone 4 and only seeing the bumpers available (for what, at the time, i thought was a ridiculous price)...and i remember thinking "I have to be careful for a few days until the new cases hit the stores"...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In the past...were any of the cases or bumpers or anything available for the newest iPhone before release? I seem to remember going to get the iPhone 4 and only seeing the bumpers available (for what, at the time, i thought was a ridiculous price)...and i remember thinking "I have to be careful for a few days until the new cases hit the stores"...

I'm actually not sure. But these cases in stores are not currently on sale. At least not that I am aware of. I would guess they would sit on the stock until a certain date.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No iPhone 5 cases?
sad-032.gif

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So crazy that cases are such an outlet for the rumor mill. Apple keeps things so quiet, you have to go on anything you can get. Any day now, Tim Cook.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I see one case. It could be a prototype that slipped out. It could be a mirrored image on a box. It could be anything. Ask the Android crowd how well those leaked cases speak for future devices. Sometimes they mean something. Sometimes they mean nothing. Until the phone shows up on Apple's website for sale, I'll be unable to take these things seriously.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually... 4S cases are hitting stores now. Wonder where all of the "iPhone 5" cases are now... (very heavy sarcasm) ;)

The "4S" monicker is just an assumption on the part of the case OEM. Apple may give them dimensions, but they certainly do not release branding information to anyone before an event.

Personally I would be really surprised to see Apple actually use the name "4S"... I find it incredibly irritating and nonsensical, unless the "S" means it's twice as fast as the 4.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Personally I would be really surprised to see Apple actually use the name "4S"... I find it incredibly irritating and nonsensical, unless the "S" means it's twice as fast as the 4.

Then be prepared to be surprised. The "S" simply stands for "speed" and I have zero idea of how much faster it is compared to the 4 but it's a safe bet it is considerably faster.

And regarding the case and name I'm willing to bet some of the larger company's do get the name as they need to have it on the product/packaging for launch day.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Then be prepared to be surprised. The "S" simply stands for "speed" and I have zero idea of how much faster it is compared to the 4 but it's a safe bet it is considerably faster.

And regarding the case and name I'm willing to bet some of the larger company's do get the name as they need to have it on the product/packaging for launch day.

Otterbox is claiming to know nothing of course. Maybe it was photoshopped though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a fake. How come we don't see the actual case itself? All we are seeing is a box....

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Didn't Apple do the same thing with the 3GS? The S was for speed.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

That's what I'm saying, I doubt it will be 200% faster like the 3GS was, so I don't think Apple will use that same naming convention...

Also I don't think Apple is giving out more information this year than last year. Remember the big leak last year? lol... I think it's safe to say Apple is being more secretive than ever this year.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think it's a fake. How come we don't see the actual case itself? All we are seeing is a box....

I think there is a picture of the actual case as well. Think BGR updated their post with it. Could it be fake? Sure but I still stand by on everything I've said regarding the new device.

Didn't Apple do the same thing with the 3GS? The S was for speed.

Yup.

That's what I'm saying, I doubt it will be 200% faster like the 3GS was, so I don't think Apple will use that same naming convention...

Also I don't think Apple is giving out more information this year than last year. Remember the big leak last year? lol... I think it's safe to say Apple is being more secretive than ever this year.

I've said my peace on the name so I won't repeat it again. Apple may be secretive, they've always taken that approach. But the parts suppliers like to show and tell and with this new device we've seen plenty of parts floating around.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it all just SO exciting! Lol! I mean seriously, I don't even watch my local news but I'm on here EVERY night checking the news about the new phone and I'm not even getting it! I'm just excited for everyone else! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711