Iphone 4S cases have arrived at AT&T!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't get what makes this case leak (which is just text on some packaging that could have easily been photoshopped) more reliable than the countless others showing a new form factor...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Consider this, if Apple releases only one phone 4S or 5 then it is the iPhone 5. It comes after iPhone 4 and before iPhone 6 so its really iPhone 5, what Apple calls it has little to do it. Its the 5th iPhone model.

Now IF they release two models the "cheaper" iPhone 4/4S since it may or may not have the processor bump and a new redesigned iPhone then what do we call each model. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 since they would technically be different models . . . wouldn't they?!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Consider this, if Apple releases only one phone 4S or 5 then it is the iPhone 5. It comes after iPhone 4 and before iPhone 6 so its really iPhone 5, what Apple calls it has little to do it. Its the 5th iPhone model.

Now IF they release two models the "cheaper" iPhone 4/4S since it may or may not have the processor bump and a new redesigned iPhone then what do we call each model. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 since they would technically be different models . . . wouldn't they?!

The iphone 3gs came after the 3g so I could see this being the same way. You named it in your post it would be the 4s and the 5 most likely not the 5 and 6.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The "4S" monicker is just an assumption on the part of the case OEM. Apple may give them dimensions, but they certainly do not release branding information to anyone before an event.

Personally I would be really surprised to see Apple actually use the name "4S"... I find it incredibly irritating and nonsensical, unless the "S" means it's twice as fast as the 4.

I agree.

That said, I think the name is irrelevant for the huge majority of consumers. Remember all the name-mocking after the iPad was introduced? It didn't stop people from buying it by the millions. iPhone 4S or 4-plus or 4+ or 5....people will still buy tens of millions of them by this Christmas.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I totally agree with you on this.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Soon we will all know what the deal is, and hopefully while the live blogging is going on we will be able to pre-order that day or at least the next. I would like to get my order in quick enough to not get stuck waiting a few weeks (may be inevitable, but hopefully not).

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it all just SO exciting! Lol! I mean seriously, I don't even watch my local news but I'm on here EVERY night checking the news about the new phone and I'm not even getting it! I'm just excited for everyone else! :)

Same here.I Feel that way exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Laser Beams

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't get what makes this case leak (which is just text on some packaging that could have easily been photoshopped) more reliable than the countless others showing a new form factor...

It's not that it is any more reliable than the other cases that we've seen, I just think people are so anxious about seeing what the new iPhone is going to look like, they'll take any piece of info or pictures they can get at this point....

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's not that it is any more reliable than the other cases that we've seen, I just think people are so anxious about seeing what the new iPhone is going to look like, they'll take any piece of info or pictures they can get at this point....

But people are using this leak as a debunker for the other leaks :p It makes no sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro