Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Thumbs up Lifeproof Case

Who has tried it ? what do yall think about it . I purchased one and love it thought i would never leave otterbox but this water proof case is awesome !
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

There were a few opinions mentioned about this case here: http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-access...-otterbox.html
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I been using one for about 4 days now and I like it other than the air behind the screen. Haven't put in water yet with phone in it, just something I dint trust about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I love this case, it's awesome. i got a brand new iPhone and put it straight into one of these cases and i haven't had a issue at all.
    I used to have a open mind but my brains kept falling out.

iPhone 5 32gb

IPad 3 32gb wifi

Apple TV 2
    iPhone Nanite

haven't tried it yet, already comfortable with otterbox
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I have had my case since July and the air behind the screen took a little to get used to but as I look at my phone right now the air is gone and I don't have that issue any longer. I think it was like a break in period or if you keep it in your pocket like I do it sucks up to the screen. I had confidence in the Otterbox, we even joked at home if we dropped the phone we would yell "otterbox" but this LifeProof case has added to that confidence. Not really worried about dropping it or even if it gets wet. I live in Texas so I haven't had much rain to worry about but when it does rain I will be using it if I need to.
    iPhone Nanite

I love this case, i feel very secure with it
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I had it for a while and finally got tired of it. Speakerphone was useless, as the person I was talking to heard nothing but their own echo. And, FaceTime was the same way. My ringtones and speaker volume were drastically reduced as well, to the point where I couldn't hear people on the phone. This is WITH the "fix kit" LifeProof shipped to supposedly make speakerphone work. It's a novel idea, but it'll be a long while before it is perfected.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by trtmazda3 View Post
    I had it for a while and finally got tired of it. Speakerphone was useless, as the person I was talking to heard nothing but their own echo. And, FaceTime was the same way. My ringtones and speaker volume were drastically reduced as well, to the point where I couldn't hear people on the phone. This is WITH the "fix kit" LifeProof shipped to supposedly make speakerphone work. It's a novel idea, but it'll be a long while before it is perfected.
    That was my problem with it, needless to say I didn't keep it long. I made a pledge on Kickstarter for the Escape capsule which won't be here until November but I will update then. It looks like it should be nice but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,659 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

I just ordered a white LifeProof case to use during the Warrior Dash in a few weeks. I guess that will be the test to see if it really does hold up
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just got mine today, its great
    iPhone 4 16 GB White iOS 5.1.1 w/ Carbon Fiber Phantom Skinz
    iPad 1st Gen 16 GB iOS 5.1.1 w/Brookstone keyboard case
    iPhone Newbie

Wow! This thing looks pretty crazy! A waterproof case that only adds 1/16 of an inch to the depth of the phone? Wow.

Global Posts
    3,659 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    I just ordered a white LifeProof case to use during the Warrior Dash in a few weeks. I guess that will be the test to see if it really does hold up

Ok this case is LEGIT!!! It was in a muddy lake with me, going over 12 ridiculous obstacles then submerged in a 3 foot deep mud pit, I was holding it in my hand while I crawled through the mud. if you want to see what it went through.

I got home washed the case off and took out the phone. Not a scratch. Looks like it did the day I took it out of the box from Apple.

I love this case and it will be my goto case for anything extreme.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Interesting but for the price it should be a 100%. Seems to be to many compromises for what they charge, killed speakerphone, reduced camera, and diminished ringtones are to many compromises for $70.
    Thanked by:
    gmz73 (10-07-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

I don't get why everyone gets on the Lifeproof for speaker volume, ringtones, etc. Sure you sacrifice these things but then you get to do things like snorkel, cycle, and just be a plain badarse Ninja without worrying about your $500+ device.

For me its either this case or Elements Vapor Comp Stealth for my incoming Sprint IP4S. Probably going to go with the Vapor since Lifeproof hasn't come out with the cycling & armband yet. Plus my Ninja skills are not to the point where I would have to worry about being badarse.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Well, using my phone as a phone is slightly more important to me than being a ninja.

I found that it was time to take the case off when my little two-year-old sister was on the phone trying to talk to me, and we couldn't hear each other. With me living away at college, I'm not able to see her much. So, having a waterproof phone wasn't as important as being able to hear her voice.