Headphone Jack malfunctions...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find any other people on here having this issue but when I am using earbuds/headphones, if the little pin is not in the headphone port hole JUST right all the sound cuts out. Music/Movie still plays, but no sound comes out, not from the speaker OR the earbuds. I have tried several earbuds/headphones just to make sure it wasnt' the little pin part, and it's definitely in the port. I am taking it to the Apple Store tonight but is that something that is easily and quickly fixed? Can they pop it right out and replace it?

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
They'll probably just swap it out and give you a new phone as long as its still within warranty. Apple is quite good about replacing phones.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you do a backup before taking it in so if you he a new phone you can just restore from your back up when you get home.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They did NOT swap it, they cleaned it out and told me if it happens again to come back. Hopefully it doesn't because both apple stores are in malls that are epic nightmares to get to and park at. I told him it's been happening since I got it, and I could not get it to replicate while I was there. Which is annoying because I wanted them to at least SEE the issue so it's easier to document.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
They did NOT swap it, they cleaned it out and told me if it happens again to come back. Hopefully it doesn't because both apple stores are in malls that are epic nightmares to get to and park at. I told him it's been happening since I got it, and I could not get it to replicate while I was there. Which is annoying because I wanted them to at least SEE the issue so it's easier to document.

I had that happen once, it turned out to be a tiny piece of pocket lint stuck inside. Worked fine after they cleaned it. How does it work now for you?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What is the warranty period on a new iphone? and do I have to purchase anything additional from AT&T? also, do you have to register the phone with Apple to get the warranty?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What is the warranty period on a new iphone? and do I have to purchase anything additional from AT&T? also, do you have to register the phone with Apple to get the warranty?

Your warranty is good for one year from the date you bought it. No you dont have to do anything to register warranty. Its automatically done when its activated.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

what did they use to clean it out with and did it improve?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
He took it in back, so I have no idea what he did to clean it. When I did compressed air that made no difference, nor did it really do anything when he did it. That's when he took it in back. So I have no idea. Maybe he had a mini vacuum or something? He had one of those little "ear checker outer" things like when the doc checks your ears. He used that to look inside. It worked fine when we tested it there. I probably won't use the headset with it again for another couple weeks when I travel again so hopefully it's fixed. I was half hoping they would NOT swap this out, I have a Zagg on this thing that is the best application of all time lol.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you do a backup before taking it in so if you he a new phone you can just restore from your back up when you get home.

That is definitely one thing I am good at. It only takes once. I had that back with a Palm a long time ago, lesson learned. I have two externals at home, plus offsite backup too.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Your warranty is good for one year from the date you bought it. No you dont have to do anything to register warranty. Its automatically done when its activated.

So, if AT&T tries to sell insurance, its not worth it since Apple is their own insurance for a year??

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So, if AT&T tries to sell insurance, its not worth it since Apple is their own insurance for a year??

Apple offers to extend your warranty for a year. Apple does not sell insurance. Insurance and warranty is not the same thing. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal