Apple Bumpers

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 4 and have Ghost armor on the back and the front. I was wondering if I should even bother getting a bumper to protect the sides. I also like the idea that the bumper raises the phone slightly.

I few days ago I dropped my phone and the back glass cracked, luckily I got it replaced for free but I don't want to drop and crack it again.
I want something to highlight the white iPhone and I don't want to cover the back or the front. I heard people saying that Apple bumpers have been scratching the metal band. Soo should I get a bumper? Is it worth it?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had the black and white ip4 with bumpers on both and have no scratches. Just make sure everything is clean before you put it on and you should be fine. I'm guessing the scratches are actually from something getting between the two surfaces. :confused:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree with herm611. The bumper WILL protect from scratches when sitting on flat surfaces as it is raised slightly and prevents the front and back of the phone from laying directly on the surface. I bought my white bumper on eBay for $16. There are some knockoffs on there so you have to be careful. Just be careful as I've seen some white ones that were yellowish instead of white. I love them but would not pay $30 for one.

In case you are interested, the eBay seller I bought my white one from is jumble_bay_usa. They sell them as "refurb" but honestly, it was as good as new and sparkling white. They still have 20 in stock, if you're interested.

Last edited:

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The Apple bumper does have a slight problem of rubbing/scuffing the steel band corners. You can google it and see some of the pics. But to avoid the scuffing just put small strips of scotch tape just on the steel band corners only before you put the bumper on and you won't have any problems.

I carry my iPhone 4 the same way, screen protectors on the front and back glass with a bumper. It's good for raising it off a surface when you put it down and getting rid of any reception "issues" some people have. Just know if you drop it, it's not really going to prevent glass breakage.

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have a white iphone right now and I was planning on getting a black bumper! Should I even bother getting a bumper because I have the Ghost Armor on my front and back

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have black, white, green, and orange bumpers. That's I use these days. Never a scratch on the metal band. I do have front and back glass screen protected so I don't worry about scratches. I love the bumper. And as somebody asked, I never heard of a bummer ripping. If it does and you bought it from Apple, it is under warranty for 1 year.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between the bumpers in the stores and the ones on Amazon for 2 or 3 bucks? Is there a 10 to 20 dollar difference between the two?

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
@Garz so would a plastic film on both front and back and a bumper be a good combination? Should I get black? I wanted to get either blue or green but I'm afraid of it being dirty

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox