Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thumbs up Top iPad 2 cases to check out

= the best case out ever in my opinion. The LIFEPROOF case. It's hasn't officially been released so you can only preorder it right now so I don't know how much it will be, but it's a 100% waterproof! You can completely video with sound and crystal clear video, scuba dive with it up to like 15ft. Plus it's more shockproof than an otter box and is barely adding any thickness to it and looks great. They also have this for the iPhone 4. It's also is available for four different activities you'd need it for: shock, dirt, snow, and water

targus 360 degrees rotating case.
    Has standing viewing angles for the iPad, also full protection. Leather. Blue interior. Shows off back apple design still. Rotates to view in portrait and landscape. No other case does. And comes in orange and light blue too I believe?

= Miniot cover
    A wooden smart cover pretty much. Completely comstimizable also. In the video the guy does show how it is not actually attached like the smart cover but he fails to mention it can magnetically attach to the back also for during use. Which the smart cover cannot. And I just love the wood. Check out the website. Looks Pretty legit!
    Also if you like the wood look check out the grove iPad 2 case

= g-form iPad 2 sleeve (if you eventually wanted a sleeve get this)
    **Almost indestructible. Watched a video of a guy dropping a bowling ball on it. Also watched one of the same guy chunking it out one of those glider planes like a 100 feet up. Intense.

Just for fun, the speck iguy.
    $30

Post me back here and tell me all of ya'lls favorite iPad 2 cases
    Enjoy!

Links for all the products if your in the market for a case below:
    Life proof- iPad 2 - LifeProof Apple Cases - LifeProof Store :: LifeProof Cases
    Targus 360-
    Targus - Rotating Case for Apple® iPad® 2 - Black/Blue - THZ045US

Miniot cover- https://www.miniot.com/webshop/
    G-form sleeve- G-Form | iPad Extreme Sleeve
    Speck iguy- Speck Products | Speck Products iGuy - Fun Cover for iPad & iPad 2 | iPad 2 case | iPad case | iPad cover
    Thanked by:
    ProMed (10-09-2011)
    iPhone Nanite

A wooden smart cover pretty much. Completely comstimizable also. In the video the guy does show how it is not actually attached like the smart cover but he fails to mention it can magnetically attach to the back also for during use. Which the smart cover cannot. And I just love the wood. Check out the website. Looks Pretty legit!
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I have the Targas 360 and it is just awesome!
    Devices | iPhone 5 16 GIG Black & Slate | iPad 2 16 GIG White | Macbook Pro 13-inch
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Nice! That case is legit. Love it.

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    Ipad2 and Mac mini 2.5ghz Sandy bridge
    Apple Boy!
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS5

Nice smart cover,but a little expensive.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Amazon.com: Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad 2 Black (602956007722): Electronics

I paid $50 for mine when they first came out and am very happy with it. Good protection from everyday bumps and falls but still very very slim overall. I'm more than happy with it.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Thank you!
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Amazon.com: Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for iPad 2 Black (602956007722): Electronics

I paid $50 for mine when they first came out and am very happy with it. Good protection from everyday bumps and falls but still very very slim overall. I'm more than happy with it.
    A great case all around just not too original, there's a million like these. But still good.

Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    Apple Boy!
    iPhone Nanite

there are also really cute designer options
    I found this one that I'm dying for.. I'm waiting until Christmas to ask my parents for it
    Last edited by ehkim92; 11-16-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calebswag7 View Post
    Top iPad 2 cases to check out
    "Top" based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Calebswag7 View Post
    Post me back here and tell me all of ya'lls favorite iPad 2 cases
    I use Saddleback Leather's case. Case selection is a highly subjective matter. My preferences for a case may or may not be the same as the next person's.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Top obviously based on my option since I wrote the review, also based on quality and being able to use the case. Yes its subjective? That's why I wanted to know your opinion on a great case also. This is simply just a list of GREAT iPad 2 cases I've found that I think are top notch. If you've found one you think is even better post it because I'd love to check it out and see what it is.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5
    Apple Boy!
    epb
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by briareus View Post
    I use Saddleback Leather's case. Case selection is a highly subjective matter. My preferences for a case may or may not be the same as the next person's.
    No! Really?

I think everyone here understands these are just opinions. That doesn't mean the reviews aren't relevant, especially if they're well written.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS5

Good touch feeling and fashionable design.I like this case,Slim Smart Cover for iPad 2
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

1saleaday.com has an iPad case today (11/7/11) that has the built in BT keyboard and fits both generation iPads. I bought one.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    1saleaday.com has an iPad case today (11/7/11) that has the built in BT keyboard and fits both generation iPads. I bought one.
    At the low price of $30.00 you got one heck of an awesome deal for that case, Alli. I was checking out a few reviews for that case on YouTube and it looks pretty cool.
    iPhone Nanite

I would add MiPow Juice Cover if you would like battery in the case.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    At the low price of $30.00 you got one heck of an awesome deal for that case, Alli. I was checking out a few reviews for that case on YouTube and it looks pretty cool.
    Oh wow you got yourself a Bluetooth keyboard case for 30 bucks?? That is easily a heck of a deal, I was checking out the Logitech foldout keyboard case which is AWSOME, but it hits you at 129.99 which is a killer to me.

Apple Boy!
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mysimplelife View Post
    I would add MiPow Juice Cover if you would like battery in the case.
    And I like this case, it gives an extremely sleek look for a battery back up case. The best I've seen. Usually they are way too bulky but the mipow seems great. Has anyone checked out the lily pad case for the iPad 2? I was looking around and this ones a kick starter project that's a completely solar powered iPad 2 case. It gives it 12 days of battery life and a USB to charge another device off of. If they could combine that with the design of the mipow they'd have an amazing product.

Apple Boy!
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS5

My favorite ones are leather cases. I have Kolosso by Mapicases. Love it!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Newest

By far the best case IMO is the version 3 of Yoobao Executive.

It has the "smart" function, it is made of the finest leather, it is available in black, tan or red, it does it's job perfectly and it smells gorgeous - oh and by the way - it only costs in the region of £20 GBP.

I must stress that you should only buy the version 3 as previous versions were improved upon so this version really is the best iPad 2 case you will own!
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by flytech View Post
    My favorite ones are leather cases. I have Kolosso by Mapicases. Love it!
    Yes me too, I'm into leather and just got mine ipad leather cover from Joe V. Leather. AWESOME.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top iPad 2 cases to check out-ipad3-leather-cover-bike-1-l-m.jpg