iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So far I am downloading it, nothing to report yet. I do have some outstanding bug reports to look through. Let's see what y'all find.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The OTA update went flawlessly. ATT Carrier profile now at 10.2.6 up from .4 and the baseband stayed at 4.11.06.

I do have to resync my photos though.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Photos are now arranged properly in Photos. HDR settings are remembered in Camera. Still have that silly bug where if I take a photo, then delete it, the camera app still shows the thumbnail of the most recent pic I took. Annoying.

HDR photos are also now arranged properly in camera roll.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't... the download seemed to stall at < 1 minute... I ended up doing the update through iTunes... almost done now...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
mine did stall at 1 minute for like 10 minutes but all is good now!

total process about 45 minutes. 20 minutes was using 3G, 25 minutes on wifi

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I lost patience. Already mostly through the restore. I feel like a stupid teen. As Peggy Hill would say to herself "c'mon Peggy Hill, Rookie mistake, pull it together!!!"

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This seems excessive (from the release notes):

Xcode
When uninstalling iOS 5.0 SDK beta 2 or upgrading from iOS 5.0 SDK beta 2 your new install might be missing the /usr/lib/libsvn* files thus making some subversion functionality (such as the perl bindings and git-svn) unavailable.

If your host machine is a Snow Leopard based, you can get these back by reinstalling BSD.pkg from your OS DVD, followed by a Combo Update to Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.

If your host machine is Lion based you will have to reinstall the OS.

Rangt#AC

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If its in the changelog, is it a bug????? I'm confused about the mail issue of not being able to forward emails with attachments. It really keeps saying "Loading...."...dealbreaker for me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I panicked on my iPhone 4 and went the iTunes update route when it paused... but I had started my iPod Touch at the same time and let it run... it did the OTA update fine.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If its in the changelog, is it a bug????? I'm confused about the mail issue of not being able to forward emails with attachments. It really keeps saying "Loading...."...dealbreaker for me.

I guess it's a matter of semantics to say it's not a bug, but it is a known issue... but yes, it's in the release notes.

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had to resync my phots after OTA as all my albums were gone. The OTA upgrade itself was painless and quick, performance of the phone has much improved and many bugs have been fixed.
I can however not get documents in the cloud to work with my iWork apps. It neither ask me to use iCloud nor is there (in the iWork apps) any way to enable it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had to resync my phots after OTA as all my albums were gone. The OTA upgrade itself was painless and quick, performance of the phone has much improved and many bugs have been fixed.
I can however not get documents in the cloud to work with my iWork apps. It neither ask me to use iCloud nor is there (in the iWork apps) any way to enable it.

Yeah, the release notes also mention OTA updates needing to be synched to recover your photos...

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The release notes do point out the inability to forward the email without the attachment working. Doesn't mean you can't copy and paste. I didn't read anywhere that you can't attach to emails, just can't forward with the attachment. It should be a manageable issue with workarounds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711