iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not sure if this has been already said, and i apologize if it has, but it seems like the SMS app lag is no longer there. anyone?

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate to fill this post with so many updates, but now that I've had a normal work day, I realize that the battery is definitely up to par. It's just as great now as it was in 4.3.x, if not better.

What was draining my battery quickly before was either constantly streaming Spotify music or iMessage. So, it may be heavy-usage or it may be an iMessage bug - I'll find out soon enough.

One last thing (bug): Apps that with articles (like Engadget or Cracked) that have linked sources crash. In other words, clicking on links that would lead to sources crashes the app.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have stated several times that I have seen that... but so far (knock on wood), I have not seen it on iOS 5 beta 4... and for me, battery life on beta 4 is bordering on spectacular.

yeah today was the first for me too on beta 4

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's a new one, just started last night. Signal bounces from WiFi to 3G on and off continuously. Can't seem to hold the connection. I suspect as a result, the battery plummets. It was down almost 20% within the first 35 minutes of taking it off the charger this morning.

Thoughts?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to. I wanted to turn off WiFi altogether to see what difference that made. And with WiFi off, the battery meter doesn't budge.

I wonder what causes something like that out of the blue?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Upon further investigation it looks like it's something with my router. Resetting network settings didn't fix anything, so I pulled out my VZW MiFi - and it's hanging on just fine without affecting the battery. I wonder if something changed on the router......

Sorry to have bothered y'all with this since it now appears to have nothing to do with the beta. <sigh>

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Upon further investigation it looks like it's something with my router. Resetting network settings didn't fix anything, so I pulled out my VZW MiFi - and it's hanging on just fine without affecting the battery. I wonder if something changed on the router......

Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.

Seems odd it worked fine for 3 days. Then again, this is technology. I'll try resetting the router & see what happens.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you'd like to test PM me and I'll send you my email address tied to iMessage on my iPad.

I have used iMessage with others fine. Just cant receive any from wife. She was able to communicate fine with others. And we do have seperate Apple ID's. Thanks for the offer to help but I got to keep it on text only. Thats how we communicate during business hours

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have used iMessage with others fine. Just cant receive any from wife. She was able to communicate fine with others. And we do have seperate Apple ID's. Thanks for the offer to help but I got to keep it on text only. Thats how we communicate during business hours

Did you checked both iphone settings?? I remember in beta 3 i stopped getting messages from my wife and after checking imessage settings I realized the " receive at" field was showing our apple email address, not the cellphone number, we remove that email address from imessage and everything went back to normal, not this time though...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you checked both iphone settings?? I remember in beta 3 i stopped getting messages from my wife and after checking imessage settings I realized the " receive at" field was showing our apple email address, not the cellphone number, we remove that email address from imessage and everything went back to normal, not this time though...

I would have to check her settings. I dont remembers hers. Mine shows email and ph #

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
problem solved !!

I would have to check her settings. I dont remembers hers. Mine shows email and ph #

that was exactly my problem back then, get rid of the email, just leave your phone number, anyway I think I fixed my problem, I went ahead and deleted my icloud account from my iphone, my wife and I have the same email address for icloud but I'm not actually using it ( still sync everything with mobileme) and as soon as I did that all messages started to work, both ways.
Try first to log out of that apple id address in imessage settingd since you're actually using an iphone and not an ipod/ipad, if this doesn't fix the problem then take a look at icloud, even though you said you two use different addresses but ir might be worth a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73