Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atomic CR24 (chrome)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Since the Otterbox cases and the Griffen Survivor don't work on the white iphone4, does anyone have any suggestions for a good strong case, that doesn't block the proximity sensor, that's similar to those in protection?? Thanks

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I was having probs with the Prox Sensor in my OtterBox Defender once. The solution I found that worked for me was to apply an Anti-Glare Screen protector to my iP4. Then remove the Built-In screen protector of the OBD. Problem solved! I still have the protection of the Defender and a screen protector. You can also just remove the "protection" from just around the PS. That should work also.

Just a suggestion if you like the Otterbox.

You can also look at the ballistic HC.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You could try the OtterBox Commuter. That is what my Wife and my daughter use. Wife dropped hers on the pavement the other day. No problem. Daughter dropped hers down a flight of stairs onto a hardwood floor. Hit every step on the way down. No problem.

Just a thought.:)

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
On Otterbox website it says ALL there Verizon IPhone 4 cases will not work with the white IPhone 4. Sucks! Having a hard time finding one that won't screw up the proximity sensor.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That doesn't make sense! :confused: I understand the Defender because it fits closely to the PS. But the Commuter does even come close to it. If that is true then that would me you could not use ANY case with it! :eek:

Strange!

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is very frustrating but if you go on the website it says it in big bold letters that it won't work so I'm not gonna spend the money to try it out.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely get something that would compliment the color of the phone. A clear slim fit case is perfect for the white iPhone to show off its clean exterior. Although it is probably not as tough as an Otterbox case, it gets the job done.

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
*Update*
Griffin called me back today. They told me that quality control tested the case after I and other customers reported this problem and sure enough it doesn't work. Somehow the case is preventing the proximity sensor from working correctly. They said they will be looking into making a Survivor case that will work with the Verizon White Iphone4.

Glad to know I wasn't just having bad luck with cases. Looking forward to hearing from them so I can get it! Hopefully it won't take too long to come out with this "newer" model.

Ucrime

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Which case for White iPhone 4 (three options)

I am leaning towards Lifeproof case in white, but E13ctron hybrid in white and the Chrome Atomic are in the running. Anyone have experience with any of these cases? I look forward to reading opinions...

THX

(How do I move this to a different forum?)

Last edited:

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am leaning towards Lifeproof case in white, but E13ctron hybrid in white and the Chrome Atomic are in the running. Anyone have experience with any of these cases? I look forward to reading opinions...

THX

(How do I move this to a different forum?)

I was very disappointed in the lifeproof case, I sold mine on eBay. Don't get me wrong it does what it says. It is waterproof-but with a price. I don't know if they have updated the newer cases but you definitely sacrifice on sound, screen had a pillowing effect that drove me crazy. It reminded me of typing on a surepress screen.

And there is absolutely no way to dock the phone with the case on. Maybe I expected too much, case looks good but I decided I didn't need that much protection. And for that pricetag I expected a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iKustomize

Aug 29, 2011
www.iKustomize.com
I've uses both the Otterbox and Speck Tough. Both did a great job but a price. Finally gave up and sport just the phone. Nothing feels better... No bumper, no case, just the phone itself. Can't beat it and if by some unfortunate accident something happens just use the money you would have spent on all of those cases to fix it! Problem solved

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully some of you will see this here. Spouse is leaving VZW and wants to get an iphone with AT&T. We want to change to a family plan since I'm already on AT&T with my employer. He is going to take my black iphone and I'm going tomorrow to get a white one. Will it fit into my otterbox defender case? I know the answer is here in the forums, but please help a girl out before I go over there tomorrow. I have many many cases but I'm sure I will still put it in the defender to protect it.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully some of you will see this here. Spouse is leaving VZW and wants to get an iphone with AT&T. We want to change to a family plan since I'm already on AT&T with my employer. He is going to take my black iphone and I'm going tomorrow to get a white one. Will it fit into my otterbox defender case? I know the answer is here in the forums, but please help a girl out before I go over there tomorrow. I have many many cases but I'm sure I will still put it in the defender to protect it.

I dont have an otterbox, but my white at&t ip4 fits into all of my other black ip4 cases just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711