Looking for dual iphone/ipad charging with backup battery?

K12yp70n173

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been doing some searching and found a few backup batteries that fit my criteria. I just wanted to make sure I found them all so I know all my choices before I make a decision.

requirements:
1. Charge 2 iphones at same time. (If it can charge an iPhone and iPad thats better but not necessary)
2. Is a portable backup battery.
3. Smaller is better but will look at them all.

Found so far:
zaggsparq 2.0
Schoche goBat II
Richard Solo USB power station
xtrememac incharge portable
iSound Portable Power Max

I was originally looking for a dual charge solution for travel since I usually need to charge my wifes and my phone at the same time but found the backup battery versions and thought that, that was a better way to go.
I originally was looking at the griffin powerblock or belkin mini surge. and might still if none of the dual charge backup batteries are any good.

I couldn't find any reviews on most of them except the zagg which everybody says is awful. The iSound is to big for me but figured I would post it incase somebody else might like it. I liked the look of xtememac but not a fan of there quality and the fact that the plug snaps on and off and doesn't fold down of easy storage. I actually liked the look and size of the zagg and the fact that the plug was part of the unit, so I wouldn't need a third cable( and if anybody knows of a similar but better quality product that would be great.) Otherwise unless there is no other solutions I am looking at the solo or scosche depending on any reviews/info I can find.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjdaniel

K12yp70n173

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to my previous post. If anybody has any recent experience with any from my list I would appreciate your opinions on them. I am hoping that the zagg has fixed any quality control problems they had with there charger as that one fits my needs best. Thanks for the help.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Zagg from the first batch they made. It loses the charge pretty quickly after charging going from 4 lights to 3 lights. It does recharge but I don't have a lot of confidence in it.

I got the New Trent IMP 1000 which is 11000 mAh and am extremely happy with it. I rarely have to charge it, and it performs like a champ. They have a dual external battery charger that is the IMP 50D that is 5000 mAh. I believe they also sell it on Amazon so you can check the reviews.

I have spoken with them on the phone and they are nice to deal with.

IPhone Battery Charger, IPad 2 Backup Batteries, 3G IPod Touch Battery

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Thank you for this post, I am interested as well in this.
I am going on an extended trip and battery life is always the big issue.
iP4 and iPad 2

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this post, I am interested as well in this.
I am going on an extended trip and battery life is always the big issue.
iP4 and iPad 2

cgluna if you need a workhorse try the IMP 1000. It has done well for me for several months now. I even got another one so I can take one with me, and have one around the house.

shapsp

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
are you wanting a battery case? but it is not good. coz it makes your iphone heavy. so i suggest just gettting a normal iphone battery back up tool.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2