Best iPad stylus?

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
We have seen many small reviews on some available stylus. However, there are lots of them, namely Griffin, Boxwave, Elago, Pogo, and Targus etc.... and if you've found one you love, please share here and why it is best for you..

GleeMobile

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
AluPen by Just Mobile Takes the Cake

I bought the AluPen (silver) which is made by Just Mobile for my iPad and I absolutely love it. Before the Alupen, I was using the Pogo Sketch. I use my styli to draw on my iPad and the Pogo wasn't performing very well.

I decided to try one more and was recommended the AluPen by a good friend of mine. I could feel the difference as soon as I picked it up. The body is thicker than the Pogo and makes for a better grip. Now that I can grip the stylus better, I am able to draw with increased precision. It comes in different colors- just like most stylus- but I think this is, by far, the best stylus.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
as an artist....the boxwave stylus is doing the job perfectly for me. it also has a lanyard that plugs into the headphone socket so it's not as easy to lose as other styluses. (and test me, they are very easy to lose)

richchestmat#IM

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use a power support one that I picked up in Tokyo. It's very good. The top is actually branded as 3M which kind of make sense as power support are better known for their screen protectors. The body is slightly thick but the tip is a hard nib surrounded by a soft rubber dome bubble. The bubble flattens to the size that the iPad needs to pick up a finger signal regardless of the angle that you hold the pen.
I've tried and not been impressed with hard rubber flat nibs and even less so with foam dome nibs.

3goldens

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the AluPen (silver) which is made by Just Mobile for my iPad and I absolutely love it. Before the Alupen, I was using the Pogo Sketch. I use my styli to draw on my iPad and the Pogo wasn't performing very well.

I decided to try one more and was recommended the AluPen by a good friend of mine. I could feel the difference as soon as I picked it up. The body is thicker than the Pogo and makes for a better grip. Now that I can grip the stylus better, I am able to draw with increased precision. It comes in different colors- just like most stylus- but I think this is, by far, the best stylus.

Could not agree more!

I ordered I've been using a few stylus's to see the differences and try and decide which one I would eventually settle with.

My favorite so far was also the Just Mobile Alum Stylus, primarily because of the grip.

I ordered this Monday and received it Friday from GleeMobile, and with very decent price of $19.51 using this coupon code: ALUPEN15 and free shipping! I believe that was cheaper than Amazon.

Having used the SGP Stylus Pen Kuel H10 that I got from Amazon for $12.99 and the Targus for about the same price, this one just felt totally different, which worries me just a little now because from what I can tell the Wacom is thin as well. We will have to see on that!

If you have stubby hands fingers, or tend to clutch your pen or are just uncomfortable using some of these thinner stylus's made for the Ipad, this is the thing your looking for!

You get a really great grip with this thick stylus. You feel like you have an actual writing instrument in your hand. When I was doing a lot of writing, back in the day, remember writing with real paper, I used always Mont Blanc thick roller ball pen, and this kind of mimics that kind of feel when writing.

Unlike some of the other smaller stylus's I used and found too thin and awkward after a long period of taking notes, I seemed to come back to the Alum because of the thickness, balance and weight.

It just feels better to write with for long periods of time. It also has been designed to have a good overall weight and balance. It makes the writing experience on the Ipad for me, a much more pleasant experience.

The instrument works perfectly on the screen of the Ipad. Very few mistakes were made while I was using it. Seemed to make very good contact with the screen and was able to interpret to the screen the natural motion of my hand and writing style.

I used a few different programs to test it out, Penultimate, Upad to name a few, they all worked quite well with this nicely crafted all aluminum product by Just Mobile.

Just Mobile did a great job with the overall design, the only thing I would have like was a way to attach it to the ipad. As it does have some weight to it the traditional headphone plug attachment was probably out of the question. It does come with a very decent lesther pouch though. A really great product from these folks, highly recommend it!

So now I will wait for the Wacom and see how it fairs against this!

Will update hopefully next week!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2