Jawbone Jambox vs Logitech S715i iPhone/iPod Speaker

SeniorShizzle

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy an external speaker/boombox for my iPhone 4 (and iPod and other 3.5mm audio devices to a lesser extent). It absolutely needs to be portable and battery powered, my main use for this would be when outdoors, like camping or even a short backpacking trip. I've got several solutions for charging it on the go, so battery life isn't a huge issue, as long as it can be charged by something like USB (or some permutation of adapters therein). I know the Jambox uses Micro USB, so that would work perfect. Does anybody know what the S715i uses to charge?

Anyway, which, if any, do you think would be better for my purposes. I've seen the Jambox in real life, but not the S715i, so I don't know how volume and sound quality compare but it seemed to me that the Jambox was a little soft on volume. Which is heavier, as this will dictate how often I use it, and how heavy are they both. I might take the Jambox on a short backpacking trip but i don't know about the S715i. I also like the bluetooth in the Jambox, but it isn't a deal breaker. I also don't really care about the speakerphone, but I guess having a microphone might come in handy. Also, how well does the A2DP sync with video?

Just overall, which do you think is worth the money? The Jambox is about $200 whereas the S715i is only $110, but I'd be willing to spend the extra if you think its worth it. Sorry for the open ended questions guys, I've got a lot of questions but I can't seem to bring them all to words. I'm also open to other suggestions if there are any other systems you think might work better or equally as well.

Thanks guys!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Jambox is fraction of the size.

I've owned Jambox for a short time. It's not cheap but Bluetooth performance is great and it sure makes podcasts sound better than computer and the phone's speaker.

You might want to compare or consider Tivoli Pal radio. It's very portable and has battery. It sounds better than the jambox if that helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner