Lifeproof Case VS Otterbox

Otterbox Or Lifeproof

• Otterbox - Tried & Tested

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Lifeproof - Lots of hype but no real world experience?

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What are everyone's thoughts in the new (coming soon) Lifeproof Nuud case? I tried a Fre and wasn't crazy about it. The screen protector pillowed like crazy. I think I got an older generation but wasn't willing to try exchanging it at best buy. The Nuud seems like the perfect compromise but I don't know if I will have the peace of mind without a screen protector.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had both an otterbox commuter case and a lifeprood for my iphone 4.

I really loved the otterbox but got a lifeprood for $30.

The lifeprood was great. I did not like the glare or the "tappy" sound from the lifeprood screen tapping against the iPhone screen.

Now I have an i5 and I'm going back to otterbox.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
What are everyone's thoughts in the new (coming soon) Lifeproof Nuud case? I tried a Fre and wasn't crazy about it. The screen protector pillowed like crazy. I think I got an older generation but wasn't willing to try exchanging it at best buy. The Nuud seems like the perfect compromise but I don't know if I will have the peace of mind without a screen protector.

That's exactly what I thought. I was worried about not having an actual screen protector like the frē, but I have a regular screen protector on the phone so I don't know if I would necessarily trust it 100%.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I think it's great. It will be my next case choose for sure after my Fre

Sent from my iPhone 5

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a life proof case. But I really want one. But if I had to choose life proof would be the way to go. Life proof is a lot more protective and depending on which otter box your using its a lot sleeker.

Summer Time Lovin <3

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to get a LifeProof Nuud for my iPhone 5 here in a couple weeks when it's released. No need to worry about pillowing or "oily" spots.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to get a LifeProof Nuud for my iPhone 5 here in a couple weeks when it's released. No need to worry about pillowing or "oily" spots.

Yeah, I think I might take the plunge too. Everything I hated about the Fre had to do with the screen protector. If they can successfully remove that, count me in!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Quick YouTube search, for the iPad Nuud case they give you a plastic screen to put in the case to test the seal with. I'm sold on it then, it's just when I can afford it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have never had a life proof case. But I really want one. But if I had to choose life proof would be the way to go. Life proof is a lot more protective and depending on which otter box your using its a lot sleeker.

Summer Time Lovin <3

IMO, the LP doesn't have protection against drops. It's a plastic shell and that's it. I inherited my sister's LP after she and the hubs upgraded to the iPhone5 and gave me a bunch of their 4/4s cases. I was not impressed with the LP.

​I'd rather have the bulk of a Defender or Ballistics HC than what a LP case provides. I use my LP as the situation warrants it but the rest of the time, it's my OB or Ballistics.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
IMO, the LP doesn't have protection against drops. It's a plastic shell and that's it. I inherited my sister's LP after she and the hubs upgraded to the iPhone5 and gave me a bunch of their 4/4s cases. I was not impressed with the LP.

​I'd rather have the bulk of a Defender or Ballistics HC than what a LP case provides. I use my LP as the situation warrants it but the rest of the time, it's my OB or Ballistics.

Your incorrect the life proof does have drop protection as well as shock but to a lesser degree

As I stated earlier my LP has been personally tested during my Motorcycle accident as well as many hospital bed drop tests

Sent from my iPhone 5

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well last week I finally went and purchased a LP case for my 4s from Radio Shack. Simply put, I frick'n love this case! No pillow effect, no "oily" screen and no issues whatsoever with sound quality - be in from me hearing people or people hearing me.

The cons though, which I can only really say one, is that the screen sensitivity seems a bit off, but that's to be expected. It's almost like the original Blackberry Storm with the touch screen/pressy feel to it (if that makes sense).

Overall, I love the case. I went and ordered two charging cords from LP for $9.99 each...

I'm so glad I didn't get the Otterbox Defender like I was going to get.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the lifeproof, defender, and survivor for my white iphone 4. I use the defender all the time now. It is the camo one so its easy in and out of the pocket. No problems with functionality at all. The survivor I had to modify the front piece to get the screen to cut off while I was talking on the phone. Plus after a month of use the rubber was looking worn out. It was terrible taking it in and out of your pocket. And it was huge! The lifeproof screen pillowed like crazy. And nobody could hear me when I talked. I also didn't feel like it could handle a drop to well. So for me the defender is the right balance of them all. I still have all of them to switch to when I need them.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

micahjbrooks1991

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I feel like both these cases are a little over rated. They're bulky and expensive, and I think the otterbox commuter is the most protection you'd need. I have basically a knock-off of the commuter, which is a shocksuit from bodyglove mobile, and it gets the job done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro