Lifeproof Case VS Otterbox

Otterbox Or Lifeproof

• Otterbox - Tried & Tested

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Lifeproof - Lots of hype but no real world experience?

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the defender and one thing I don't like is after an extended period of use the silicone seems to sag ever so slightly.

Whatever my next iPhone is, I'm going to give a lot of consideration to the LifeProof case.

The new ones don't stretch. I ha that problem with my old one got one of the camo ones and have had no issues. Call CS and my bet is they will send you a new one out. ;)

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
yeah dude, i think that was fixed months ago, they now have a gen 2 case which it the bees knees as far as I'm concerned. top of the range cant say enough good things about them.

LifeProof at the beach. - YouTube

Swimming with LifeProof - YouTube

check these out and see just what this case can do!!

Ditto that. And see my review here, too. They have even put a help note on their site for people experiencing speaker issues. I can't go without the LifeProof case now.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Ditto that. And see my review here, too. They have even put a help note on their site for people experiencing speaker issues. I can't go without the LifeProof case now.

That was a great review. I've definitely loved the lifeproof but been the slightest bit hesitant to get it about the speakers. No one had addressed them hardly ever. Complete coverage of ever question I had on the case.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I finally bought one. Even after I nearly swore off all cases. After reading Alli's review, I decided to give it a shot. Just received it today, so far it seems great.

Haven't worked up the nerve to water test it with the phone inside yet lol

Mercer Maddox

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Lifeproof is a (hoax) otterbox is the best because otterbox is the first to have ipad mini defender case which i have and had no problems with otterbox so if you ask me i would say otterbox and will always trust oteerbox another reason otterbox is heavy duty like concrete and asphalt tough otterbox is (indestructible) Lifeproof is (pointless plain stuck up stupid awful (hoax) otterbox lives up to its name and does what its made to do (protect)

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Lifeproof is a (hoax) otterbox is the best because otterbox is the first to have ipad mini defender case which i have and had no problems with otterbox so if you ask me i would say otterbox and will always trust oteerbox another reason otterbox is heavy duty like concrete and asphalt tough otterbox is (indestructible) Lifeproof is (pointless plain stuck up stupid awful (hoax) otterbox lives up to its name and does what its made to do (protect)

So....., do you like Otterbox better ?

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm tipping someone doesn't like LifeProof.

I've had LifeProof on my iPhone 4/4s the entire time I had them and I have to admit being able to list them as perfect condition and for a buyer asking me if they were really a year old when they bought them says something for the protection that LifeProof gives. Anyway that's just my two cents worth

hypy6u3u.jpg

Oh yeah that was taken with my iPhone 4S.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
With the release of the LifeProof case for iPhone 5, I wish costwise they'd include a holster. For the cost of an Otterbox, they provide a holster. Albeit no matter the case I'd be VERY nervous to use my device in ANY type of water. Just saying...

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had a LifeProof for my iPhone 4/4s and now 5. If you take the time to read through the instructions given and follow them there's no problem taking your phone in the water. I have taken mine and still will many times to the pools and to the beach to get the photos that most people miss out on cause they don't have the option to use their phone in wet conditions. I love the LifeProof cases. They were the real first company to make this option available and I think it's awesome.

e5uhy8u3.jpg
ezesytyp.jpg

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I used a Lifeproof on my 4s and I just got my 5 and went straight to best buy and bought the lifeproof fre for it. I trusted the lifeproof in a pool and hot tub , hiking and siting in rain watching soccer and taking pictures while other parents scrambled to hide their phones from drowning. I used it for most outdoor events. So I did not hesitated to buy one for the 5

I have not needed to use it yet and will do the submerging test first. But I have full faith that it will live up to my expectations.
I thought about waiting and trying the incipio atlas but until its out and tested I feel safe with my lifeproof.

Jim

Sent from my Sweet White 32g iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have both but I have bern using the Lifeproof exclusively. The iPhone 5 is so thin, light and svelte. The Otterbox changes that it makes it bulky and heavier. The Lifeproof offers the same protection and keeps the thinness and light weight. I didn't buy it for the waterproof ability but it's good to know if it accidentally falls in a puddle there is a better chance of survival. Although I am thinking for my next iPhone of getting Applecare+ and Zagg(sp) shields.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've always had Otterbox. I need drop protection, couldn't care less about it being waterproof. I thought about buying a Lifeproof when the iPhone 5 came out until I read all of the bad experiences people were having. Either way, even the slightest drop in audio volume/quality would not be worth it for me.

I have a Lunatik Taktik Extreme on pre-order though, really looking forward to its arrival... http://mbsy.co/LUNATIK/80605

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've always had Otterbox. I need drop protection, couldn't care less about it being waterproof. I thought about buying a Lifeproof when the iPhone 5 came out until I read all of the bad experiences people were having. Either way, even the slightest drop in audio volume/quality would not be worth it for me.

I have a Lunatik Taktik Extreme on pre-order though, really looking forward to its arrival... http://mbsy.co/LUNATIK/80605

Holy crap it's $125. IMO once a phone gets to be as much as the phone it's time to rethink. That said I shelled out the $80 for the lifeproof and love it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a lifeproof for the iphone 5 and just didn't like it at all, so I am going to wait and see when incipio releases their atlas case and most likely go with that. Lifeproof just doesn't seem to live up to it's name with the fre case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711