Lifeproof Case VS Otterbox

Otterbox Or Lifeproof

• Otterbox - Tried & Tested

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Lifeproof - Lots of hype but no real world experience?

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Lifeproof case to be released and have someone other than the manufacturer testing it. I have used Otterbox cases on the last 4 phones I have owned and have never once had a drop or anything else cause any damage. I wonder and would like some others opinions on wether this Lifeproof case is really all its said to be or is it just hype to try to sell yet another Iphone case?

Edit: Also I have had nothing but amazing customer service from Otterbox when it comes to warranty issues. What do you think the Lifeproof guys will be offering as far as warranty and replacement in case of it being not so "Lifeproof"

Last edited:

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to Lifeproof regarding the warranty this is the response I got:

We do offer a full money-back guarantee on our case itself if there are manufacturing defects. We cannot, as you can understand, offer warranty on phones because we cannot monitor our cases to make sure they are being used to our recommendations. We do recommend that everyone put their case in water without a phone to help your confidence level in our product.

Thanks for your interest!

Dusty Sherriffs
Administration

Seems like their claims might be more than just extreme advertising I am def interested in this case and I will buy one as soon as they are available, might just sway me away from Otterbox after all!

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
620 Views but no replies?? For what it's worth I am now on my fourth Otterbox Defender and will be switching to Lifeproof as soon as I can order one. While they have amazing service and warranty is processed without hesitation I find that lately the quality just isn't what it used to be and I really look forward to having a case that is going to stop dust from covering my phone every three days and if I happen to drop it into a puddle it won't cost me $800 for a new phone in those cases Lifeproof just wins.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
620 Views but no replies?? For what it's worth I am now on my fourth Otterbox Defender and will be switching to Lifeproof as soon as I can order one. While they have amazing service and warranty is processed without hesitation I find that lately the quality just isn't what it used to be and I really look forward to having a case that is going to stop dust from covering my phone every three days and if I happen to drop it into a puddle it won't cost me $800 for a new phone in those cases Lifeproof just wins.

No replies cause it's not out yet so can't really compare. Looks amazing and I will probably give it a try once it's out a little and reviews start coming in.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my LifeProof case and hope to have it in a week or so. I have been using the defender since I got my phone so I'm looking forward to see how the LifeProof compares

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got my pre-order in and now waiting for shipping!! I got one in each color lol but plan on selling one to my sister and giving one to the girlfriend with her new iphone surprise!

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my LifeProof case and hope to have it in a week or so. I have been using the defender since I got my phone so I'm looking forward to see how the LifeProof compares

Im in the same position you are have used Otterbox for the last 5 phones I have owned faithfully but I am pretty sure I am going to drop them and switch to Lifeproof from here out! What color did you order?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Black, White & Pink check the site out its got pics of all three not super high quality ones mind you but gives ya an idea.

Thanks. Cant wait to hear reviews. Also hoping Verizon carries them soon too cause hubby gets discount. $70 is steep but if it works the way they say and isn't crazy bulky then well worth the money.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I placed my pre-order on May 31st. Got a black one. I'm excited mainly for its slimmer profile. The waterproof-ness and stuff isn't really what I'm going for, even though it's nice to have. I am just tired of the bulk and lack of pocketability that the OtterBox Defender has. It is like a big bulge in my pocket all the time, and FORGET taking it out of my jeans pocket if I'm sitting in the car or something. It's annoying, but I don't trust a flimsy case, as many of my friends have seen their iPhones shatter when in thin cases.

Ultra50#WP

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Got an email the other day saying that the first wave starts shipping on 7-1 and another wave starts shipping on 7-8 depends on your shipping # when yours gets shipped.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I cant wait to get my Life proof case, I am now on my 7th otterbox defender the clips that hold them together keep busting on me, the last replacement they sent out had a busted screen protector on it from the factory! I loved otterbox stuff in my old blackberry days but this iphone case is garbage. I now have scratches on both the rear glass and the top of the front glass and the frame on my iphone cause the otterbox lets so much dust inside then the dust rubs the phone. I remove and clean my phone and case on a daily basis but apparently even that isnt enough to stop the scratching. Otterbox gets two big thumbs down from this guy and I will not be buying any other products from them I have been using my phone in this retarded size sloppy ugly case and I ended up with scratches anyways might as well have just used it naked and enjoyed the thing.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've had three OtterBox Defenders. The silicone outer shell gets really loose and floppy over time, and downright impossible to slide in and out of my pocket. Dust gets under the screen protector constantly as well. Of course, it makes the phone huge and ugly as well.

LifeProof, please come ASAP. Mine should be shipped on July 1st, or so they tell me via email.