I truly dislike the Zagg

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried 2 different Zagg screen shields and both were horrible and felt sticky on my IP4. I believe that items are over priced and ugly. Never again as the shields had bumpy look and always looked wet even after the 24 hour wait time.
Just use an inexpensive screen protector .

Mk4Jetta

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Some people like it, and if you had done any research on the product before buying it, you would have known not to buy it. I use zagg products and love them. All depends on what you like.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the original poster... Zagg gets you on the marketing that their protector is the strongest...
It actuality no one needs that sort of protection... your device would break before it endures that sort of punishment.

Ive been using 1-3 dollar screen protectors for the longest time, and I've never once got a scratch on the actual screen.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The zagg products are pretty durable, and the lifetime warranty is nice. But I agree, it makes the screen less slippery for your finger and gives it somewhat of an orange peel effect. I prefer my phones with nothing on them. My iPod has zagg shields on them though.

Eddie2485

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Zagg really sucks. I got a free screen protector for my Google Nexus One and took it off 5 minutes after putting it on. They're horrible, bumpy and rubbery. I went back to using the cheap film ones (5 for 3 bucks on ebay haha) and am using Zagg like skins for the back and sides of my Nexus S from BestSkinEver.com which are way better and half the price.

Eddie2485

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Off topic
There's alot of neat cases and accessories for iPhones, ipods, and ipads on ebay like cases with built in stands and such. I wish they made stuff like that for my Nexus S oh well.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Zagg used to be a lot better. They have gotten way too thick. On the other hand, their custom shields for the back of your phone are really nice.

For the front, these days I'm preferring Bestskinsever, too.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Some people like it, and if you had done any research on the product before buying it, you would have known not to buy it. I use zagg products and love them. All depends on what you like.

I appreciate your response however no one can truly see the orange peel and feel the effect until you complete the application thus all of research are just research and not experience.
Perhaps hate is a strong word to describe it. How about I did not like it? For $20 you would expect much cleaner effect as iPhone is not a military gear to protect.

Last edited:

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I truly dislike Zagg screen guard

I experienced the rubbery feel and the orange peel effect on my iPhone 4 and took it off after 5 minutes. The products are claiming to be a military grade products , well my IP is not a military gear. The screen felt horrible and looked bumpy.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I tried 2 different Zagg screen shields and both were horrible and felt sticky on my IP4. I believe that items are over priced and ugly. Never again as the shields had bumpy look and always looked wet even after the 24 hour wait time.
Just use an inexpensive screen protector .

My invisible shield is almost a year old and still looks great. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Mine is silky smooth.

iamlynda

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree as well. Try Phantomskinz - so much better, can't even tell it's on your screen. plus if you order on-line you get 2 for the price of 1. and they have the most amazing Chromatics line of skins

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I experienced the rubbery feel and the orange peel effect on my iPhone 4 and took it off after 5 minutes. The products are claiming to be a military grade products , well my IP is not a military gear. The screen felt horrible and looked bumpy.

After 5 minutes the application solution probably wasn't even completely dry and set. It also takes up to a week for it to diffuse out any bubbles and be "installed".

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the only problem i have experienced, after time, was it would eventually start peeling up around the edges (front and back - full body).. i do not use a case, for the most part, and put my phone in my pocket

i have seen videos where you can clean them, and tried it, but it just seems they are never the same after the "first" install

as far as protection; probably the best out there, imo

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After 5 minutes the application solution probably wasn't even completely dry and set. It also takes up to a week for it to diffuse out any bubbles and be "installed".

Agreed. You really have to give it a week for it to be set. I gave it a week and took it off. I had it installed at Best Buy and the girl that did it was awesome. She did a much better job than they had done on my Droid. The problem is that even with a great install it still takes away from the iPhone 4 screen. It does a great job of protecting and the feel didn't bother me. It was the orange peal effect that I could not get past. Even with an install that was probably the best I have seen it still was not worth it. I really wanted to get past it but I just couldn't. I have a SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic protector on both mine and my wife's iPhone and they are great. It is very clear yet it provides protection for normal use. If you think you need the extra protection then ZAGG is the way to go, but I didn't feel it was worth it for me.

All that being said, I don't think ZAGG makes a bad product. I actually think they make a great product. It just isn't for everyone.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your response however friend of mine has had his Zagg on for about a month with the same horrible look and feel. I understand that nothing is compared to the IP screen with no guard however my experience was not good and apparently several other users have had the same experience.

Reactions: roll-tide

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate your response however no one can truly see the orange peel and feel the effect until you complete the application thus all of research are just research and not experience.
Perhaps hate is a strong word to describe it. How about I did not like it? For $20 you would expect much cleaner effect as iPhone is not a military gear to protect.

The orange peel effect is why I changed to Ghost Armor. I used to be a die hard BSE (Best Skins Ever), but got tired of installing and reinstalling. They also don't offer a lifetime replacement like most of the other companies. So I finally bit the bullet and had someone else put it on. They had to go through 3 protectos and a bunch of reinstalls to get it right, but I didn't have to pay extra for it. If it bubbles or comes off or I get a replacement, I just have to pay the $5 install fee (nothing for the protector). That's a sweet deal to me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your response however friend of mine has had his Zagg on for about a month with the same horrible look and feel. I understand that nothing is compared to the IP screen with no guard however my experience was not good and apparently several other users have had the same experience.

Very strange. I got my instruction from Best Buy (Geek Squad) on installing it. When the salesmen was doing his push he said they offered installation for another $6 or something. I declined but did talk to them about it being hesitant about buying it. But that is what they told me to do and I was happy with the results. I scratched the screen on my previous 2 iPhones and had never liked screen shields before. The salesmen let me play with his iPhone which had one on it to see how it felt and I was impressed.

I'm curious did you get the Invisible Shield or one of their other films/shields? Mine was $35, I thought you said yours was $20 or someone else did. Maybe they are making lesser ones now.

I've also not had any peeling at all. All the corners are firmly down and that's even with taking my bumper on/off pretty often.

You might check out the SGP Ultra Crystal as I've seen good things said about it. I actually have one that came with a case I got from them but I've been waiting for my invisible shield to get messed up before I use it; which has not yet happened.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal