I truly dislike the Zagg

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they are a rip-off at $20+ ea. I bought one, didn't like the way it felt or looked, and it kept sliding around on my screen for days after I applied it (like it never dried or properly adhered to the glass). It was like it was shrinking or something, it started to cover my home button where it wasn't supposed to and shifted over the ear piece speaker even after I kept moving it back into place over and over, so I got irritated and pulled it off and threw it away. No more screen protector for me. No case either, and no insurance.

Verizon insurance is ridiculous at $11/mo, and Square Trade offers a nice alternative, but when I can replace a screen for less than $100, I am not all that worried about it anymore. There is really nothing on the iphone that costs THAT much to repair or replace, unless you lose the phone entirely.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate to disagree..

I have two iphones. Both now have the Zagg Invisible Shield. The ones that do not show the fingerprints. It takes a day to set and after that they do not shift. I have used mine after an hour without problems. Both of mine were installed by BB and absolutely no bubbles. As for the "orange peel" look you see that mostly when the phone is off. The screen looks great with the phone on and I much prefer it to the look of fingerprints all over the screen like my son and his wife have on theirs. The Zagg screen is very easy to clean with a tissue (sometimes slightly dampened). So for me it works well but that is just my opinion.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I love it. I applied both the front and back on myself and I got bubble city on the back part, but dis better on the front, but once it set in, all the bubbles on the back went away and it looks great.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Zagg offers a few types of protection. The full body is usually around 35 and just the screen is around 20. They also have anti-glare (which I hate because it makes whites on your screen look pixelated). Again, it's all about preference. If you can't handle a scratch on your screen (like me), Zagg, Best Skins Ever, Ghost Armor, etc. are a good alternative.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ive used Zagg on both my i4s and haven't had any trouble with either, but maybe that's just me. Keep looking till you get something you like. Good luck.

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I used to only use Zagg until I tried Phantom Skinz. The Phantom Skinz are much better and cheaper. They go on easier and are not as thick and wavy.

oleary54

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a naked screen. Even if you take a key to your screen its not going to scratch. I totally agree that protective screens are totally over priced. go ebay for cheap.

silversurfer20

Feb 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
I found that ZAGG skins are tricky to put on and take some skill. And like others have stated you have to like the glossy look as well. I've been very happy with mine on my IP4. It's just different strokes for different folks! lol One good thing is their isn't a lack of options! :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I dont like Zaggs as they tend to peel with certain cases. Before you pay for a over priced Zagg, get a Best Skins Ever. Its the same thing and maybe a third of the price. I prefer Power Support. No moisture needed and are reusable.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I never have an issue with zagg. If you are having issues chances are you installed them incorrectly.

I'll choose zagg over "best skinz ever" because really? who would name their product that? 13 year olds?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I fell out of love with Zagg. They have gotten too thick and just don't feel good on the iPhone. The BSE (bestskinsever) are cheap and what the Zagg skins used to be back when I liked them.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I tried 2 different Zagg screen shields and both were horrible and felt sticky on my IP4. I believe that items are over priced and ugly. Never again as the shields had bumpy look and always looked wet even after the 24 hour wait time.
Just use an inexpensive screen protector .
Agreed. Looked good leaving the mall but had orange peel within a couple of weeks. If yo go back and complain they will do it over but...

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I found that ZAGG skins are tricky to put on and take some skill. And like others have stated you have to like the glossy look as well. I've been very happy with mine on my IP4. It's just different strokes for different folks! lol One good thing is their isn't a lack of options! :)

I had mine put on by the vendor. As with Ghost Armor, had orange peel within a couple of weeks. Gorilla glass is veryntough, looks good, feels good, I can afford it, and I am enjoying it. Until you hear me whine, it has not been scratched yet.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Some people like it, and if you had done any research on the product before buying it, you would have known not to buy it. I use zagg products and love them. All depends on what you like.
I appreciate your response however no one can truly see the orange peel and feel the effect until you complete the application thus all of research are just research and not experience.
Perhaps hate is a strong word to describe it. How about I did not like it? For $20 you would expect much cleaner effect as iPhone is not a military gear to protect.
I can't speak for Mk4jetta but his post seemed to be trying to state that "orange peel" and "tacky" are the most common comments regarding Zagg's IS's. A simple Google search would uncover countless reviews stating this. I know this sounds cold but people that fail to research and get what they deserve. Don't make assumptions based on price. Price doesn't mean anything other than what you pay for the product.

As stated before in this thread, there are those that prefer the IS (not me). It's not a one-size-fits-all world.

It would be more productive to provide some useful recommendations on alternatives rather than rant about something that you personally don't like. I'd highly recommend SGP and Power Support's screen protectors.

the only problem i have experienced, after time, was it would eventually start peeling up around the edges (front and back - full body)..
I always made warranty claims when that happened. They certainly didn't peel from improper install.

I've also not had any peeling at all.
It's just a matter of time. Took a year on a former device of mine but that was also with frequent holstering/unholstering. Easily a YMMV matter.

I have a naked screen. Even if you take a key to your screen its not going to scratch.
Of course it won't. Keys are not harder than glass. Therefore they won't scratch it. Neither will a wet noodle. Don't buy into the "key test" videos (not for glass screens anyway).

I'll choose zagg over "best skinz ever" because really? who would name their product that? 13 year olds?
I guess you have to go with your priorities but the name of the screen protector is near the bottom of my list of priorities.

Last edited:

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i bought 2 over this past weekend because i messed up on the first one. the second zagg front that i got was $5 cheaper, because it was on sale. this time i had the retailer put it on me for me. it's alot better now but the sides really do peel easily(possibly because of my case) and i always have to squeegee it to keep it place. if it comes off this week then i'm sticking with the low budget ones cause they're not as slippery and hard to put on.

JulietBravo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to leave my .02 cents. I went and got the Zagg from one of their kiosk locations. Found out that there are 2 types of screen protectors for the iphone 4. There's the normal, glossy, orange feeling one that covers the entire front surface. Then there is also the more smoother, anti-glare, anti-finger print, matte finished one. I tried the glossy one first for 24 hours to let it set and didn't not like the feeling of it being 'sticky' and glossy. I went back and asked for the matte finished one, like one of my friends has, and I have to say it's sssoo much better. It is tho, about 1mm shorter on all sides on the front because it is "case friendly". But personally, I like this matte finished one much better! The only draw back is that after it dries and sets, HD video may not look 100% on it because of the matte finish. But again, personal preference. Give it a shot if you want to. If you don't like it.. you get a 14 day full refund anyways.

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my zagg (case friendly cut) on my Iphone 4 for a few days now and is looking very very good still. Never had problem in past when i have them install it.

chdtpn#IM

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone personally know if this will fit the Verizon iPhone 4? I know it says AT&T only but I figured I would ask.

tipt.in/i6q95Q ZAGG | ZAGG LEATHERskins Apple iPhone 4 | Leather, Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

JulietBravo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone personally know if this will fit the Verizon iPhone 4? I know it says AT&T only but I figured I would ask.

tipt.in/i6q95Q ZAGG | ZAGG LEATHERskins Apple iPhone 4 | Leather, Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I just installed the matte finished (case friendly) version on my verizon iphone from a Zagg kiosk in a mall. I also had the regular glossy one on before it. They both fit fine. She never asked me if it was AT&T or Verizon.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Why wouldn't it fit? They're exactly the same except for one button on the side. So yes, it fits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro