Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Incase book jacket for ipad2

I'm looking for another cover besides the smart cover to offer better protection. Does anyone know of one?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

I bought the Book Jacket from Best Buy for $30 (open box) for ipad 1 and I love it. It has 3 different positions for viewing and has 1 for typing. The best feature is that, in any given position, the cover that touches the screen never comes into contact with the surface it's laying on. Very nice case and it gives a ton of protection.

The only drawback is that it's bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMomentum View Post
    I'm looking for another cover besides the smart cover to offer better protection. Does anyone know of one?
    Any other criteria? Budget?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I was able to pick up the book jacket for iPad 2 yesterday and I agree that it is a nice case. It is still a bit on the bulky side and the way that the case holds the iPad doesn't seem to hold the iPad tight like I'd like it, but I can make due until something else comes along.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,551 Global Posts

I got this case yesterday from Best Buy, and while it's nice, it doesn't stay up in the first position, which is what I want the most..for typing.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    I got this case yesterday from Best Buy, and while it's nice, it doesn't stay up in the first position, which is what I want the most..for typing.
    Are you opening it correctly? I made the mistake of thinking the cover flipped backward. All open positions should be with the inside front cover facing up. There's a good review of the case on YouTube.

I've since picked up the original Apple case for iPad 1 on eBay and it's much better in person/on the iPad then I first gave it credit.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,551 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    Are you opening it correctly? I made the mistake of thinking the cover flipped backward. All open positions should be with the inside front cover facing up. There's a good review of the case on YouTube.

I've since picked up the original Apple case for iPad 1 on eBay and it's much better in person/on the iPad then I first gave it credit.
    Yes I am, and I also followed videos on YouTube to verify. This was a flaw that has been mentioned in several reviews, but I just wanted to give it a try. It's definitely being returned.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

Yes I am, and I also followed videos on YouTube to verify. This was a flaw that has been mentioned in several reviews, but I just wanted to give it a try. It's definitely being returned.
    Don't blame you. I ended up returning mine before the 30 days was up. The Apple one is just so much thinner. I love it. (but I AM fickle!)
    iPhone Beginner

Default Slipping out of grooves

I bought this as well for iPad 2. Incase is a solid manufacturer, and the book jacket looks professional. When using I have the same problem when it is in the first position (most horizontal) it tends to slip out of the groove. Although, I bought the case because it offered great protection, it is a bit bulky. So once I find a slimmer solution this will be my "on the go" case.

Also, looks like people in macrumors had same problem with book jacket slipping out of grooves. One guy added more material. Looks quite nice. Check it out here: INCASE Book Jacket for IPAD 2 - Page 8 - MacRumors Forums

EDIT: For those of you wondering what the problem is visually I'm adding pictures.The first shows the problem and that's the position where the groove doesn't hold the weight of the iPad 2. So I end up typing in almost horizontal position (shown in pic 2) or the 2nd groove (as seen in 3rd pic).
    Last edited by jphoman; 04-06-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added images
    jmgilliam#IM likes this.