iPad 2 case Roundup

jphoman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for new cases/protectors for the iPad 2 and only have found a few. I figure with TiPb's help we can find a few more.

Case-mate:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt....case-mate.com%2Fipad2cases%2F&token=FoLxGXsC

Belkin:
Belkin : iPad 2
STD1_F8N610-C00_896.jpg

HardCandy:
iPad Cases, Skins, and Covers | Hard Candy Cases
yhst-12507765640553_2148_46454315

Booq:
iPad folios by booq
booqpad-ipad-2-case-580x386.jpg

Marware:
C.E.O. Hybrid iPad 2 Case
media.nl

iSkin: (so far looks like bags and cases are just "compatible" with iPad 2)
iSkin Q.West Collection - iPad Sleeves & Slings

Of course there's Apples Smart Covers:
sub-dept-header-hero.png

None of these really intrigue me besides apple's smart cover. I'd like some sort of back protection without being bulky. I'll update if I find more as well. If you guys see anything post it please. Thanks.

(Can't wait until March 11th!)

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
This case is silicon and has all the new iPad 2 fixings we?ve heard so far, except the magical top port. This will be like Griffin case.

ipad2.jpg

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
All good cases are expensive.
I'm going with an orange smartcover for the front ($39), a gelaskin for the rudimentary back protection ($29) and a sleeve for carrying ($5).

rulu's mommy

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Help finding a certain case

I'm new to this whole "posting" thing, so I'm not sure this is the right way to do it, but...
I was recently flying to California and I sat next to a man that had an awesome leather case for his ipad. He said it was handmade by a man in Oklahoma City but he didn't know anything else because it was given to him as a gift. It looked like distressed leather and it had 2 straps that hooked in the front of the case. You could fold it over and it would create a stand. Anyone have any ideas of where I might find one? I've googled till I can't google anymore!
Thanks!

DonWinslow

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this whole "posting" thing, so I'm not sure this is the right way to do it, but...
I was recently flying to California and I sat next to a man that had an awesome leather case for his ipad. He said it was handmade by a man in Oklahoma City but he didn't know anything else because it was given to him as a gift. It looked like distressed leather and it had 2 straps that hooked in the front of the case. You could fold it over and it would create a stand. Anyone have any ideas of where I might find one? I've googled till I can't google anymore!
Thanks!

Have a look at ZooGue. This sounds like what your after. I have one and it is excellent.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with your post. You seem to have the hang of it.

What you're describing sounds like Saddleback Leather's case (though they're not made in OKC) which isn't listed in this thread:
iPad 2 Case
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

They don't come distressed though. That comes with use. I have one in chestnut and love it.

all are cool, great, but a little expensive,
Expensive is always highly subjective. IMO and experience you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Enki Gear Genius Case

Just pre ordered two. Designed to work with smart cover. They look similar to my speck case for my macbook pro, which I love.

$30 with free shipping in the USA beginning May 2. Some extra goodies if you order by the end of the April.

enkigear.com

Last edited:

GleeMobile

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Speck PixelSkin HD and I like it. I thought it was going to be lighter than it is - but I'll have to get over that! The fit is great and it seems like it will do a great job protecting my iPad 2 when traveling (which is all the time)!

T-ulk

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
i too have otter box but accessing the power buttons and volume keys is really bad!

i want a case which covers everything but also has accessibility?

millerke#IM

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the iLuv case for my ipad 2. There was also this awesome one made out of wood but very expensive (and unique!). I wish stores had more options...probably going to order online

mat8823

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Kensington keyfolio for ipad & iPad 2 from buy.com. They had it on sale for $65.00 yesterday. I'll let y'all know how it is once I get it next week. Looks like a great case and Bluetooth keyboard and the price was to good to pass up. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Just checked it again and it is still the same price if anyone else wants to pick one up at a good price.

Last edited:

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
i too have otter box but accessing the power buttons and volume keys is really bad!

i want a case which covers everything but also has accessibility?

otterbox tweeted they are adjust the ipad 2 case do to customer feedback. I had the commuter case but hate the slide off end for charging. They stated the new one will be port plug.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
i had a ipad one, and now have an ipad 2. I want a thin case, I want it to stand up and protect the ipad from both sides. That is my dilemma. I have the Targus case, which I love the functionality, I just want it 1/2 as thin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73